Spadoni DCBL 80 PRVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spadoni DCBL 80 PRVs

My liquid PRV on the bell of our Spadoni DCBL 80 is weeping. I was able to download a manual via St Pats. It claims the liquid PRV is set at 7 bar, and the gas PRV is set to .5 bar. I can source these 1/4" valves through McMaster Carr. Does anyone have a beter source for OEM PRVs? Does the liquid PRV set point seem reasonable, as we've never run this machine past 4 bar? Any thoughts and/or suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks-
    Ryan Coleman
    Flying Bison Brewing
    Buffalo, NY

I too, have a DCBL 80 that I have overhauled, welded new fittings into, new pump (why the fuck would it come with a 5hp lowara motor???). Anyway. I have sent the bell of this machine through the roof of my building. Yes, read that line again. 24 feet up. Through a metal corregated roof, and into a parking lot on the other side of the building. I couldn't hear for about a day and the lower 5 filter screens looked like pringles due to the pressure shock. Long story short, make sure your clamp threads that hold the bell on are secure and solid. and put in a PRV that gasses at 45 PSI...the one that came with the machine didn't blow when I was stupidly using un-regulated CO2 to push beer through the scavenger plate at 70 PSI....this brewer's life was spared by about three inches when the bell missed my head on its trajectory seven hears ago.....the McMaster carr one is fine and is what I use....

Comment

Working...
    X