Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lauter tun inlet design.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to design a 7 hl lauter tun, I have 2 specific questions regarding inlets:

1) What is the best inlet design to recirculate wort on the top of the lauter tun and avoiding oxygen intake ?

2) In the same way, what is the best mash inlet design to fill the lauter tun without oxygen intake ?

Here some examples I found on the net:

This website is for sale! 2imgs.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 2imgs.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

C

Design B will likely clog with husk particles when you first start to vorlauf. The best design I've seen for reduced oxygen uptake has the vorlauf return running up through the center support of the rakes and then returning the wort into the upper portion of the grainbed to avoid aeration that comes with returning above the grain bed and wort. The vorlauf return on our new brewhouse is identical to photo C- there's definitely a lot of splashing, but we haven't noticed any real long-term oxidation/stability issues, fwiw.
    Jonathan Newman
    The Virginia Beer Company
    Williamsburg, VA

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

Looks like nobody has oxydation problems...

Comment

Every system I have ever worked on (at least a dozen) has had a top inlet on the side of the mash tun and used an elbow or something similar to direct the wort against the side wall for vorlauf

Comment

Hi guys,

Mi name is Eduardo and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am trying to desing a 15bbl brewhouse but can't seem to find any sketch or help of any kind designing my brewhouse. In regards to this C, could you post those pictures again? Can't open the link and need to know this things.
          Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by brasseriedu137 View Post
          Hi guys,

I'm trying to design a 7 hl lauter tun, I have 2 specific questions regarding inlets:

1) What is the best inlet design to recirculate wort on the top of the lauter tun and avoiding oxygen intake ?

2) In the same way, what is the best mash inlet design to fill the lauter tun without oxygen intake ?

Here some examples I found on the net:

This website is for sale! 2imgs.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 2imgs.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

C

Comment

Working...
          X