Deutsche-Beverage-Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche-Beverage-Technology

I am currently looking to purchase equipment and am leaning towards a Deutsche system. I would appreciate any candid opinions of the company, their equipment and their service from anyone who may have experience dealing with them.

Thank you in advance
    Shawn

Deutsche Systems

Hey Shawn,
    I am also considering a DBT system. I received a quote very promptly from them and the cost was comparable to any other manufacturer. They do offer mirror polishing on all tanks which is a nice feature. The level of control you can have on your brewhouse and cellar/ferms seems pretty great with the Siemens Braumat Compact. The only thing I don't like is that their stainless is Chinese. However, they guarantee their product for two years, and let's face it, pretty much everyone is making breweries out of China now. The manufacture of the stainless is under DBT's own name, so that makes me feel a bit better.
    The controls, mill, glycol unit, pumps, control box, etc. are all American made.
    I'd be curious if anyone has used a DBT system and what they thought of it.
    Cheers

Comment

Did you guys ever go with Deutsche?I'm in the midst of quotes with them and have all the same questions - INCLUDING whether the very expensive Braumat system is worth it - and what it actually does...
      :::::::::::::::::
      Kevin Erskine
      Founder
      Coelacanth Brewing Company
      Norfolk, VA

Comment

Coelacanth,
        I did go with a Deutsche System. There were highs and lows as I suspect there would be with any vendor.

We went with the 2nd tier control system and I believe I will find it worth the investment. Specifically, my ability to control things like temperatures and flow rates will maintain consistency in brew cycles and therefore provide a more consistent product. We have only brewed a few batches to date (not open just yet...a long story in and of itself) we have already employed the control system to make our work a bit easier. A case in point is crashing our first batch. We employed a step down crash and had the system execute the crash overnight. Necessary, obviously not; convenient, absolutely.

What other specific concerns/questions do you have?

Feel free to email me:
        Shawn@spencerdevonbrewing.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn -
          Concerns:
          18.5k to pay for a control system seems like overkill for a 15 bbl system.
          That being said, I can't understand if it is truly a "BrauMat" System - as I understand a fully configured Braumat system requires a LOT more investment in the way of automated valves, programming, etc.

SO my big question...what am I really getting for 18.5k...And once I understand that, I can make an informed decision about the investment...When I ask for details - what I got in response was a Siemens Brochure.

Furthermore, I heard from a few people in the industry that the parts included with the Deutsche system are not equivalent to $18 k...

I'd really like to know what I am paying for - and what I get for the money.
          :::::::::::::::::
          Kevin Erskine
          Founder
          Coelacanth Brewing Company
          Norfolk, VA

Comment

Updates on DBT?

Just wanted to bump this thread, and see if anyone has anything new to report on their Deutsche systems after their first year of use. Overall, how have things held up as far as quality is concerned. Have you made use of the Deutsche network for support at all, and was that a positive experience? Any bells or whistles that you went with that you regret, or any you wish you had purchased to begin with (specifically the expensive controls & automation package)?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X