DIY Keg washer/ CIP cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Keg washer/ CIP cart

I am opening a Nanobrewery and looking at ways to improve the efficiencey of my operation. I have been using a 1/3 sump pump in a bucket with solution to wash and sterilize my kegs. I now have it hooked to a CIP ball but the pressure is a bit low and I would like to run a detergent, caustic then a sanitizing solution without disconnecting the keg or CIP ball each time.

My plan is to build a cart with three reservoirs made from re purposed kegs. Above that will be a recycled kitchen sink draining into a manifold that can either empty into one of the three reservoirs or out the end into a bucket/brewery drain.

The reservoirs (one I would like to install a heating element into) would empty through a ball valve, then a manifold leading to a pump.

From the pump I could connect to a wand that would come up through the sink for cleaning cornys or remove that and connect a sanke connector for cleaning sanke kegs. Having another ball valve and a T with a gas connect on the pump side so I could purge the sanke kegs with CO2.

The pump "out" could also connect to another hose attached to a cip ball. I could pump a resevoir fully into a fermenter, then shut off the ball valve at the "out" of the resevoir, then connect another line from the bottom of the fermenter to the "in" pump and circulate.

My main question i have is about the pump. I do not have the budget for a 1-2K pump. I found this one that seems perfect. Especially because it has an electronic pressure switch. Basically a ball valve on the "out" end of the pump would be enough to turn the pump on and off. It is rated for 70psi.

Here is the link to the pump..

The stainless tubing and ball valves will cost a lot but far cheaper than a commercial equivalent. I think this one will be better suited for my needs anyway.

What do people think about my pump choice. Pros? Cons?

Cheers

Did you ever end up trying this pump?

Comment

Working...
    X