Spill / Drain Station for Brites or Fermenters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spill / Drain Station for Brites or Fermenters

Stumbled across these on ULine's website. Just wanted to get some input about putting these in a cold room / ferm chamber as a drain platform instead of installing trench drains. They have a sump pump attachment for these spill stations. It might be more of a pain than anything. Would it even be more cost effective rather than just installing a trench drain? What are your thoughts?

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...nt-Workstation Click image for larger version

Name:	spill drain platform.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	193296

Originally posted by Edgewood View Post
    Stumbled across these on ULine's website. Just wanted to get some input about putting these in a cold room / ferm chamber as a drain platform instead of installing trench drains. They have a sump pump attachment for these spill stations. It might be more of a pain than anything. Would it even be more cost effective rather than just installing a trench drain? What are your thoughts?

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...nt-Workstation [ATTACH]13504[/ATTACH]

Is there a special attachment for the sump or it is built-in? These have a few interesting possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
      Is there a special attachment for the sump or it is built-in? These have a few interesting possibilities.
      I guess I made that up. Wouldn't be hard to put one in though. I also thought about just running a permanent hose/pipe from the spill station to a floor sink or drain. If anything you could use them for them for the kegging/bottling area.

Comment

I would be worried about the load they could take before breaking. A tank full of beer weighs a lot and all that force is concentrated into four small area where the feet sit. Sure would hate to see it break through the grate and the whole tank tip over....

Also, even with a sump pump I would imagine there are some areas in that pan that don't drain real well. I think it would be hard to keep them completely clean in which case you are inviting mold/bugs/bacteria to take over....
        Scott LaFollette
        Fifty West Brewing Company
        Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Keg Washing Station?

I could see this being amazing at your keg washing/filing station when you are washing the exteriors before the keg cleaning machine. Also it could catch the extra from keg filling, and you can just roll the keg off when it's done. Then you just put the thing on it's side and spray it out and store it against a wall until next time. Could be a nice way of adding a keg station to an area that isn't adequately sloped to the drain.
          Cheers!
          Greg

Comment

Possible

Originally posted by Edgewood View Post

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...nt-Workstation [ATTACH]13504[/ATTACH]
            This is a question I've had as well, I haven't had someone answer conclusively if I am required to build a trench drain, or if I could use a berm type system that has a permanent hose coming from the area. Is this possible? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X