Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for opportunity as an assistant brewer in China. (Currently live in Shanghai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for opportunity as an assistant brewer in China. (Currently live in Shanghai)

Hello,

My name is Matt and I am currently looking for an assistant brewer position in Shanghai. I currently reside in Shanghai, but am willing to relocate. I have experience in the commercial brewing industry and home-brewing. I have a passion for beer and the process of brewing.

Please feel free to email me at: Matthewsjimenez@gmail.com

I also attached my brewing CV as well below.

Matt

Matthewsjimenez@gmail.com
    I am an American Home Brewer aspiring for an opportunity to create craft beer and be a part of an experienced team of brewers.

Objective: To assist an experienced team of brewers and be in a learning environment of professionals in the craft of making beer and work with a team that is always progressing and learning.

Brewing Experience:

Dr. Beer; May 2013-August 2013; Shanghai, China
    Brew master Assistant
    Assist in brewing operations. Set-up brewing system and equipment within the facility. Engineered 25+ 900-gallon batches of ale and lager beers. Carefully followed recipes and charted down the materials used during each brew day. Made measurements of materials needed each day before beginning the brewing day. Consistently assisted in improving the recipe and expanding the range of styles during production of the beer made.
    Maintained a sanitized area with a full knowledge of use of the equipment. Handled CIP and SIP and assured all sanitation and cleaning was completed before and after each brewing period.
    Assisted in transferring beers from fermentation tanks to BBT tanks.
    Checking inventory regularly and updated stock from malts, hops, chemicals for cleaning the brewery, and yeast packages.
    One major improvement made in the beer process that I learned and started at Dr. Beer was re-pitching the yeast from batch to batch to assure full use of the yeast and its nutrients.

My Homebrew Store: April 2012- present Shanghai, China
    Assistant
    Assist in home brewing. Engineered multiple 5-gallon batches of ale and lager. Purchased all equipment and supplies for my own use of home brewing. Followed specific recipe from head brewer. Set up brewing laboratory and equipment and measured out ingredients within my own home brewing.

Beer Server
    While with My Homebrew Store, I have worked with Mr. Sherretz and assisted him in setting up for beer festivals. I have been given the opportunity to educate others at the beer festival about different styles of craft beer and serve them. I have experience in working the Sinan Mansion Beer Festival and the Kerry Center Beer Festival and the Shanghai International Beer Festival. I did inventory, sales, discuss craft beer with consumers, and shared the knowledge and process of brewing to new and experienced home brewers.

Education:
    Beer 101 Certificate- Brewers Association—January 2013
    TESOL Certificate—Oxford English Academy, Vancouver, B.C. 2013

California State University of Northridge; Northridge, CA Bachelor of Arts in History 2007-2011
    Minor in Marketing

Daniel Webster College; Nashua, NH
    Studied Sport Management and Marketing 2004- 2006
    Transferred to California State University of Northridge.

Southern New Hampshire University; Manchester, NH
    Master of Science in Organizational Leadership 2011-present
    Graduate in the Summer of 2013
    Matthew Jimenez

Hi, we are starting an operation here in Hong Kong and would be interested to have you join. Let me know if you would be willing to consider any short or long period employment here? Email me at vishal@equality-intl.com

Comment

Working...
    X