Experience with Manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customs Broker...

Did you use a customs broker that you can recommend? I am in Colorado so I imagine could be the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Brewer View Post
      Did you use a customs broker that you can recommend? I am in Colorado so I imagine could be the same company.
      Same question! except that I'm not in Colorado

Comment

Customs Broker

Originally posted by SB Brewer View Post
        I have a US local Customs broker in Denver,
        If you need,I will send the contact information to you,you can contact them.
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        Gavin

Please E-mail me at any time

We Specialize In Designing And Fabricating High Quality Tanks/Equipments For The Brewing Industry!

Email:
        sungoodmachinery@vip.163.com
        gavin@sungoodmachinery.com

www.sungoodmachinery.com(Updating)
        Great Quality,Affordable Prices,24hours After-sales Service!
        The Brand You Know,The People You Trust,The Quality You love!

Comment

Great experience with Sun Good

I ordered a 3 bbl set up from Gavin and had a great experience all around. I purchased 3 - brites, 3 - fermenters, pumps, heat exchange, kegs, BK and MT. Everything came as promised. I had to figure some stuff out like how to fire the BK and wire the pumps, but figured it out and opened our doors last Friday. I would order again. Feel free to PM if you have further questions.

Paul Kemp
          South Park Brewing
          paul@southparkbrewingco.com

Comment

Colorado Custom Broker

I used Gallagher Transport in Denver and everything was smooth.

Paul Kemp
            South Park Brewing
            Fairplay, CO

Comment

Experience with manufacturer

I bought a mash tun and a 7 bbl fermenter from Gavin from Sungood Machinery and have some feedback. Delivery was quick and response to questions were also quick. The fermenter works well and is 7 bbl but a small 7 bbl. The Mash Tun was and is a disaster. 1 the motor for the rakes was wired for something other than what we use in the US. We tried several different configurations that they recommended and the capacitors exploded each time. 2 The V Wire screens were gapped twice what they should have been and are a nightmare to use because of the amount of grain that gets past them. I am going to have the Mash tank fixed with American components and chalk it up as a valuable lesson learned. In disgust I told Gavin that I wanted them to buy them back from me and he told me that was impossible. As a result of my experience with Sungood Machinery I won't buy anything Chinese not even kegs. Beware of what you buy and if you do buy Chinese buy it from someone you can talk to face to face.
              Danny McGovern
              Brewer
              Monhegan Brewing Co.
              Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

Originally posted by alesu View Post
                I bought a mash tun and a 7 bbl fermenter from Gavin from Sungood Machinery and have some feedback. Delivery was quick and response to questions were also quick. The fermenter works well and is 7 bbl but a small 7 bbl. The Mash Tun was and is a disaster. 1 the motor for the rakes was wired for something other than what we use in the US. We tried several different configurations that they recommended and the capacitors exploded each time. 2 The V Wire screens were gapped twice what they should have been and are a nightmare to use because of the amount of grain that gets past them. I am going to have the Mash tank fixed with American components and chalk it up as a valuable lesson learned. In disgust I told Gavin that I wanted them to buy them back from me and he told me that was impossible. As a result of my experience with Sungood Machinery I won't buy anything Chinese not even kegs. Beware of what you buy and if you do buy Chinese buy it from someone you can talk to face to face.
                Danny

Thank you for your information

You purchased the MLT with 220v,60hz,single phase power,plus a 7bbl FV at the end of 2014,and received them at the early of 2015.
                Due to single phase power,so there are 2Xcapacitors installed inside of Motor on the MLT
                Regarding the capacitors exploded easily,whatever the reasons,If I remember right,we sent you 4 units of capacitors quickly,then no further feedbacks from you again.If the motor really can not work at that time,we will send you a new motor to you again at 2015.Today is in 2017.
                If the motor really can not work completely,belong to the original quality issues,we will send you the new motor without any excuses,but not we buy the whole mash tun back from you.

Regarding the FV,the 7bbl we sent you are about 275-280gallons total volume,with more than 25%headspace already,very enough for 7bbl.

Any questions else,just email me,we are always with you.
                Last edited by Sungood-Machinery; 04-19-2017, 10:23 PM. Reason: edit
                Gavin

We Specialize In Designing And Fabricating High Quality Tanks/Equipments For The Brewing Industry!

Email:

Comment

Gavin,
                  The reason you didn't hear from me again was I was tired of trying to resolve an issue that was too hard to fix over the internet. I simply decided that it would be easier to buy American made Mash screens and an American motor to repair my new tank than try to get you to make it right.
                  Danny McGovern
                  Brewer
                  Monhegan Brewing Co.
                  Monhegan Island, ME. USA

Comment

Originally posted by alesu View Post
                    Gavin,
                    The reason you didn't hear from me again was I was tired of trying to resolve an issue that was too hard to fix over the internet. I simply decided that it would be easier to buy American made Mash screens and an American motor to repair my new tank than try to get you to make it right.
                    I emailed you,please check.
                    Gavin

Email:

Comment

We bought all our equipment from Gavin at Sungood. 3 vessel Brewhouse, 4 fv, 2 bbt. We love it and it has been perfect so far after 30 brews. Gavin and I exchanged several thousand emails from the design to setup. He has sent me spare parts at no charge. His customer service and attention to detail is second to none. We even bought his Motors and pumps too, 3 phase. They have been working well for us. Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I'm sure Gavin will make it right if you allow him too. The tough thing is being half a world away when you need parts now, you should give him a chance to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Brewcaipa; 05-08-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Start to (possible) finish

Just sent Gavin my first email. Will keep updating here in the hopes that it is helpful.

He replied within approx 1.367 minutes

+1 Gavin.....for now. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

We bought Our 3 bbl electric kettles from him as well, No issues and we saved quite a bit vs buying the same kettles domestically through resellers. We also dealt with Deb at the customs agency he recommended. it was not as painful as I feared it would be at all.

Comment

Originally posted by spbrewing View Post
                            I used Gallagher Transport in Denver and everything was smooth.

Paul Kemp
                            South Park Brewing
                            Fairplay, CO
                            They're one of my favorites alongside W2C. Glad to see more people are using them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewDrum View Post
                              ...or does anyone have any experience in using their equipment? I guess the old saying is also, 'If it sounds too good to be true..."
                              Just an update on this since I now see this is a rather old resurrected thread after responding. We ordered Our 3bbl kettles from Gavin 3 years ago and just recently ordered our 3.5bbl unitanks from him. No issues although our fermenters arent arriving in NY for 2 for weeks. I had to change some things on our order but I had no problems dealing with him and he was very responsive. They are OEM manufacturer for others it seems and he did send us pictures of our actual equipment as it was built (once it was built) heres a pic gavin sent of the unitanks we ordered from them Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	191962 here isa pic of the kettles we ordered in 17,
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	resized brew kettles.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	191963
                              Last edited by augiedoggy; 02-06-2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Auggie - did you have any tariff hit with the latest shipment? My research shows it's at ~17.5% right now for the Brewery Machinery HS code.

Comment

Working...
                                X