Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone purchased from Abany for fermenters or brites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone purchased from Abany for fermenters or brites?

Hello I was looking at getting some fermenters and brites from Abany straight from china. You cant beat the price the only worry is not getting what we paid for after sending them the cash. Is there anyone out there that's done business with them if so good or bad please share your experience with us. Thank you! Aba

so far the communication with gavin has been great. he quickly responds to my questions. far better than any local suppliers. after speaking with a few people that have used his equipment we went ahead and sent him a down deposit on a 15 bbl brite tank. its still a few months away from delivery but so far so good.

Comment

What are you looking for at Abany,and how much of a savings over USA?

Originally posted by dvodan22 View Post
      Hello I was looking at getting some fermenters and brites from Abany straight from china. You cant beat the price the only worry is not getting what we paid for after sending them the cash. Is there anyone out there that's done business with them if so good or bad please share your experience with us. Thank you! Aba
      I would like to know how much you are saving by dealing overseas,do you mind sharing what you are looking at purchasing,and how much you were quoted.?

Comment

its almost half price compared to buying in north america. but this is my first purchase so theres no guarantee on anything. contact gavin at abany. he will give you a quote and all the info. almost instant reply. his english is pretty good too.

Comment

Thank you guys for the reply I appreciate it. bcryan I agree with you Ive been in contact with Gavin too and hes always very quick with answers to my many many questions and all the references he gave me have checked out pretty good. Please keep me posted on the rest of your experience with Abany. And Jeff M we have priced 4BBL systems through Stout, Glacier, and some local venders and buying from Abany would save us a min of $15,000 and thats with shipping to US. Now we would much rather buy everything local but when your on a very strict budget squeezing every cent where you can really looks appealing. We just wanted to see If we can talk to as many people as we can about this company before we send a huge amount of money to china. If anyone else has any info about Abany than please let us know.

Comment

I have been using their equipment for 3 years. 2 for someone else and 1 for myself. I had no issues ordering from them when we were buying our equipment for our new brewery. And will buy from them again in the future.
            Jon Sheldon
            Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
            Bugnutty Brewing Company
            www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Interested to hear feedback on Gavin's quality and shipping. I've been going back and forth with him for a bit now. He is somewhat quick to respond but avoids any direct questions I've asked. Things that he originally told me didn't come with the system, now suddenly do. Then he quoted me a brew house with a motor/stirring paddle in the....BOIL KETTLE?!?!

Needless to say, my confidence in Gavin is diminishing very quickly. Did Gavin's quote include shipping from his factory straight to you, or did you have to get a customs broker once it arrived in-port?

We're looking at a 15bbl brewhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewDrum View Post
                Interested to hear feedback on Gavin's quality and shipping. I've been going back and forth with him for a bit now. He is somewhat quick to respond but avoids any direct questions I've asked. Things that he originally told me didn't come with the system, now suddenly do. Then he quoted me a brew house with a motor/stirring paddle in the....BOIL KETTLE?!?!

Needless to say, my confidence in Gavin is diminishing very quickly. Did Gavin's quote include shipping from his factory straight to you, or did you have to get a customs broker once it arrived in-port?

We're looking at a 15bbl brewhouse.
                The shipping quote will get it to the port you give him. The first pieces we bought we did the import paperwork ourselves. Pain in the butt. Since than we have been using a broker. All the tax paperwork is done correctly this way.
                Jon Sheldon
                Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
                Bugnutty Brewing Company
                www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. After talking with all the references that Gavin gave us and looking into to Abany as much as we could we finally decided to place an order. We put a deposit down on a 4BBL brewhouse, fermenters, brites, and kegs. Everyone we talked to either through phone or email didnt have anything bad to say. They all for the most part said the quality was good and that they would buy from Gavin again in the future. Thank you to everyone that weve talked with in the last few weeks. We really appreciate all your help. And anyone looking at buying from Abany keep checking back because Ill post updates throughout the process and once we receive the equipment Ill update with photos to show the quality of everything. Brewdrum were getting it shipped to the port in Seattle then we have to pick the stuff up and provide shipping from the port to the brewery. We will be going through a broker to help with getting the stuff through customs and everything else. bcryan if you would please keep us updated on how your purchase is going. Thanks again everyone until next time.

Comment

Can you tell me who you used for broker or can anyone give me a referral to a top notch as well as reasonable broker.... name and number.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Hello just wanted to give an update on how our purchase is going today we just got some pics sent to us from Gavin with Abany to show us how the progress is going Ill post the pics bellow. So far everything has gone great with Abany. After sending them our deposit Gavin sent us drawings of all our equipment for the final OK before production began. We were even able to add some custom features we wanted to add to the drawings. Production began 3 weeks ago and according to Gavin everything is going as planned. When I get any new info I'll post a again.

hlthprof, We haven't gone completely through the process yet but here is the name and number to the broker we have been dealing with they have been helpful so far:

All Freight International, Inc.
                      Mark Matsudaira
                      (206) 988-4314
                      Attached Files

Comment

Its been a while since I updated you all on our order with Abany so I thought Id let you all know about whats be going on with or equipment. About a week ago we got contacted from Gavin our contact with Abany. He told us our equipment was finished and ready for shipment and he had some final pictures to send us for our approval. Ive attached some of the pics he sent us. All of the pictures looked great so we gave him the ok and told him to start shipment. Gavin has been really helpful during the whole processes and during the shipping process hes really taken care of everything on his end and we have hired a broker to get everything through customs on our end. Ill write back again in a few weeks and hopefully Ill have our equipment and can tell you more about dealing with customs and how everything looks. So far so good though.Click image for larger version

Name:	FV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	190412Click image for larger version

Name:	BK.jpg
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	190413Click image for larger version

Name:	Brites.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	190414Click image for larger version

Name:	Mash.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	190415

Comment

Looking forward to update

dvodan,

Thanks for posting all of this. In part due to this thread, we decided to go ahead and place an order with Gavin as well. I would agree with all your experience so far--quick replies, some slight miscommunications, but he does seem on top of his game.

I'm really looking forward to the customs update as I'm considering trying to do that myself. Have to do a lot of research, of course, and may find it's not worth the potential for mistakes.

Cheers for the info!
                          Drew
                          Pleasure House Brewing
                          Virginia Beach, VA

Comment

We received the Shipment.

First off I want to say thanks Drew. My whole goal for updating this thread is to help people feel comfortable with making this big of a purchase and show everyone what my breweries experience has been with Abany. We really didn't have a lot of info on Abany when we decided to make the plunge so we wanted to put something out there for anyone else interested in purchasing from Abany. And down the road if anyone would like to contact me with questions just message me.

About week ago we got a message from our broker that the shipment had arrived and it was going to be about a week to get everything released through customs. So after a few days we got another message from them saying it's ready to be picked up and they gave us the address of the warehouse were everything was being stored so we could go pick everything up. So we rented a uhaul and went and loaded it all in the truck and went on our way. Everything we ordered was there. All the tanks were packaged with care. They were all plastic wrapped, then wrapped in a blanket, then secured to a small wooden pallet. They then crated it all up with plywood. Everything looked to be in perfect shape no dents or major scatches. All the fittings that Gavin promised us the tanks came with are all there. I really Click image for larger version

Name:	20140614_140312.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	190430Click image for larger version

Name:	20140614_144056.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	190431Click image for larger version

Name:	20140614_145132.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	190432Click image for larger version

Name:	20140614_140334.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	190433can't tell you all how much it was a pleasure to do business with Gavin and Abany. He answered probably a 1000 emails from me always very quickly most the time with short messages but always with the info I needed. The equipment was right on time with the turn around and delivery time frame he quoted us. For the money you cannot beat it. I'll attach some pics of the stuff we didn't unwrap everything completely because we're storing everything for a bit but I just wanted to give you all an idea of what finished tanks and crating they came in looks like.

Comment

Burners

What kind of burners are sold with your Abany system? If they don't supply burners, what type of burner are you going to use?

Thank you very much for posting your experiences regarding the purchasing of your equipment!

Originally posted by dvodan22 View Post
                              First off I want to say thanks Drew. My whole goal for updating this thread is to help people feel comfortable with making this big of a purchase and show everyone what my breweries experience has been with Abany. We really didn't have a lot of info on Abany when we decided to make the plunge so we wanted to put something out there for anyone else interested in purchasing from Abany. And down the road if anyone would like to contact me with questions just message me.

About week ago we got a message from our broker that the shipment had arrived and it was going to be about a week to get everything released through customs. So after a few days we got another message from them saying it's ready to be picked up and they gave us the address of the warehouse were everything was being stored so we could go pick everything up. So we rented a uhaul and went and loaded it all in the truck and went on our way. Everything we ordered was there. All the tanks were packaged with care. They were all plastic wrapped, then wrapped in a blanket, then secured to a small wooden pallet. They then crated it all up with plywood. Everything looked to be in perfect shape no dents or major scatches. All the fittings that Gavin promised us the tanks came with are all there. I really [ATTACH]17222[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17224[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17225[/ATTACH]can't tell you all how much it was a pleasure to do business with Gavin and Abany. He answered probably a 1000 emails from me always very quickly most the time with short messages but always with the info I needed. The equipment was right on time with the turn around and delivery time frame he quoted us. For the money you cannot beat it. I'll attach some pics of the stuff we didn't unwrap everything completely because we're storing everything for a bit but I just wanted to give you all an idea of what finished tanks and crating they came in looks like.

Comment

Working...
                              X