Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 291

Thread: Meheen users unite!

  1. #271
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    4
    [QUOTE=tarikapak;221627]Hi everybody!

    We just got our hands on a 2005 Meheen 6 head filling machine. Is there any way that we can find a user's manual?

    Thanks ��
    I just emailed Meheen and they emailed me the manual for our 2007 Machine,

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    14

    Crimp width

    Quote Originally Posted by keiron View Post
    Thank you for the tips!

    I do not think the block is worn down as this is a machine from 2015 and the crimp has been poor since we got it. Sounds like we may be having issues with our air-pressure/flow, even though it never falls below 90psi.
    I will however try to tighten the main bolts in case they are loose. I'll update if/when we fix the issue.
    Is this still an issues?

    If so then another thought, since this machine has been doing it since new, is that perhaps you've got some of your pneumatics hooked up incorrectly. The bottle ejectors, up inside the crowing head, should move freely when the machine is on and air is being supplied to it. Just reach up into the crowning head and push up with your fingers, each of the ejector should move up into their cylinders without much resistance.

    Also assuming you've confirmed the spec on the crowning head against the bottle mould that you're using...noticed you were in Sweden and not sure where you are getting bottles/crowns, etc.

    Mark

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    6
    The ejectors does not move freely. I am unable to move them with my fingers. They do move however when the block moves down on the bottle during crowning.

    Do you think this is a misconfiguration?

    Wouldn't the pressure required to move the ejectors have to be equal to the working pressure?

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    917
    Quarterly we put a couple drops of pneumatic oil in the top of the ejection cylinders, it has greatly extended the life of the cylinders.
    Joel Halbleib
    COO / Zymurgist
    Goodwood Brewing Co
    636 East Main St
    Louisville, KY
    goodwood.beer

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    917
    I have one ver 2/2/2005. Let me see if I can scan the whole thing in and email it. Cheers Joel


    [QUOTE=hillseythekiwi;221982]
    Quote Originally Posted by tarikapak View Post
    Hi everybody!

    We just got our hands on a 2005 Meheen 6 head filling machine. Is there any way that we can find a user's manual?

    Thanks ��
    I just emailed Meheen and they emailed me the manual for our 2007 Machine,
    Joel Halbleib
    COO / Zymurgist
    Goodwood Brewing Co
    636 East Main St
    Louisville, KY
    goodwood.beer

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    85
    Those cylinders are very easy to rebuild/ inspect. If you suspect anything is wrong with them, just open them up, clean them out, re-lube them and you'll notice if there is anything amiss with the seals. When I first inspected mine from a 1999, they were working fine, but were filled with water and other gunk. I don't think they were ever touched prior to that, but the seals were all fine, so I cleaned them out, lubed them up and replaced the exhaust plug as well. I don't expect to have to touch them for years.

    mtn


    Quote Originally Posted by keiron View Post
    The ejectors does not move freely. I am unable to move them with my fingers. They do move however when the block moves down on the bottle during crowning.

    Do you think this is a misconfiguration?

    Wouldn't the pressure required to move the ejectors have to be equal to the working pressure?

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmann View Post
    Those cylinders are very easy to rebuild/ inspect. If you suspect anything is wrong with them, just open them up, clean them out, re-lube them and you'll notice if there is anything amiss with the seals. When I first inspected mine from a 1999, they were working fine, but were filled with water and other gunk. I don't think they were ever touched prior to that, but the seals were all fine, so I cleaned them out, lubed them up and replaced the exhaust plug as well. I don't expect to have to touch them for years.

    mtn
    Actually, I'm not sure if I think anything is wrong with them If the air-supply is connected I can't budge them with my fingers, but when it is disconnected they move just fine.

    Is this normal? I would assume they are pressurized with the same pressure as anything else on the machine?



    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    85
    That's normal.

    mtn

    Quote Originally Posted by keiron View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure if I think anything is wrong with them If the air-supply is connected I can't budge them with my fingers, but when it is disconnected they move just fine.

    Is this normal? I would assume they are pressurized with the same pressure as anything else on the machine?



    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17
    We run a 2000, 6 head, I can see bubbles coming out of the top of a couple of the cylinders, I haven't messed with them because I fear I can further damage them, from what you saw Would you recommend opening them up, cleaning them, lubing etc ? I haven't found the replacement seals for those yet.

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmann View Post
    Those cylinders are very easy to rebuild/ inspect. If you suspect anything is wrong with them, just open them up, clean them out, re-lube them and you'll notice if there is anything amiss with the seals. When I first inspected mine from a 1999, they were working fine, but were filled with water and other gunk. I don't think they were ever touched prior to that, but the seals were all fine, so I cleaned them out, lubed them up and replaced the exhaust plug as well. I don't expect to have to touch them for years.

    mtn

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    85
    Which cylinders are you talking about?

    mtn

    Quote Originally Posted by gbough View Post
    We run a 2000, 6 head, I can see bubbles coming out of the top of a couple of the cylinders, I haven't messed with them because I fear I can further damage them, from what you saw Would you recommend opening them up, cleaning them, lubing etc ? I haven't found the replacement seals for those yet.

    thanks

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmann View Post
    Which cylinders are you talking about?



    mtn
    Im talking about the 6 Ejector Cylinders

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    85
    I'm not sure about the model on your vintage of meheen, but I'd assume they are easily rebuildable. You should be able to find the seal kits online, if not, Meheen will have them for you. Mine weren't expensive, i'd suggest buying 6 of them before you break into your cylinders. You could only need to clean and lube them, but if you're in there and have any doubt, just swap out the seals. Air should not be bypassing your seals.

    mtn

    Quote Originally Posted by gbough View Post
    Im talking about the 6 Ejector Cylinders

  13. #283
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Winchester, NH, USA
    Posts
    4

    Looking for Deltrol Quick Exhaust EV-25A2

    Started a bottling run today and started to have some major capping and then short pour problems. Finally figured out I had an air leak and the quick exhaust for the capper cylinders was cracked and rotted on the internal diaphragm.

    Does anyone know of an online source to purchase this item with quick shipping to the New Hampshire. I am going to call around tomorrow to the local industrial supply places but not sure how common this item is.... back to the manual line for now but need to get this back up and running.... its such a love hate relationship me and my Meheen have.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    85
    If you need parts NOW, call meheen. They are a little more expensive, but almost guaranteed to have or can make/ acquire the exact parts you need.

    mtn

  15. #285
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Winchester, NH, USA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmann View Post
    If you need parts NOW, call meheen. They are a little more expensive, but almost guaranteed to have or can make/ acquire the exact parts you need.

    mtn
    Actually it was faster to drive to the a local company www.airinc.net. The people there were great. They not only had the part I was looking for but also recommended a rebuild kit instead of replacing the whole part. Repair cost $4.19! Meheen has been great supporting this older machine of mine. The engineering that was put into this machine to make it a work horse is very evident.

    I have orders some parts from Meheen before and their part dept is also very helpful. The biggest issue for us is transit time.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •