Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Meheen users unite!

Hello all--

We're getting a counter-pressure failed error during purge on our M6. There's a squealing noise as the CO2 escapes around the bottle seal. We've tinkered with CO2 pressure, etc. and I've order replacement seals.

Any experience with this issue? Is replacing the bottle seals sufficient for getting this problem in check? Been running for years (prior to my arrival here) as is with pretty consistent reliability. Not sure when seals were last replaced...

Thanks for any tips/ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BCNBREWER View Post
    Hello all--

We're getting a counter-pressure failed error during purge on our M6. There's a squealing noise as the CO2 escapes around the bottle seal. We've tinkered with CO2 pressure, etc. and I've order replacement seals.

Any experience with this issue? Is replacing the bottle seals sufficient for getting this problem in check? Been running for years (prior to my arrival here) as is with pretty consistent reliability. Not sure when seals were last replaced...

Thanks for any tips/ideas.
    Howdy BCNBREWER,
    I had the same issue. Turns out it was my compressed air supply was too low and, basically, couldn't hold the fill head down against the bottles against the line/head pressure. Getting the air pressure up did the trick. Drain your compressed air tank, search for air leaks, calibrate the air regulator.
    Good luck and Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    glacierbrewing@bresnan.net

"who said what now?"

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
    Howdy BCNBREWER,
    I had the same issue. Turns out it was my compressed air supply was too low and, basically, couldn't hold the fill head down against the bottles against the line/head pressure. Getting the air pressure up did the trick. Drain your compressed air tank, search for air leaks, calibrate the air regulator.
    Good luck and Prost!
    Dave

Thanks for the tips Dave. Much appreciated.

Our Air compressor was set around 100psi. Not sure if it had been bumped or turned down by someone. We cranked it up and will give it a run in a day or two with higher pressure and new bottle seals. Hopefully that'll get the job done. Why drain the air tank?

Quote Originally Posted by BCNBREWER View Post
    Thanks for the tips Dave. Much appreciated.

Our Air compressor was set around 100psi. Not sure if it had been bumped or turned down by someone. We cranked it up and will give it a run in a day or two with higher pressure and new bottle seals. Hopefully that'll get the job done. Why drain the air tank?
    Too get rid of any accumulated moisture in the tank. Periodic maintenance.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    glacierbrewing@bresnan.net

"who said what now?"

YOU SHOULD DRAIN YOUR AIR COMPRESSOR TANK EVERY DAY! You will be surprised at how much water will condense and build up. If it sits in the tank, over time it will rust the tank and compromise its integrity. Also, it will take up volume in the tank, causing your compressor to cycle more often. You should also have an air dryer after the tank to take moisture out of the air supply to the brewery. Most problems with air solenoids are caused by dirty, moist compressed air getting in and gunking up the solenoid. You will have all kinds of problems with a Meheen if you don't have clean, dry air.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    [url]www.yazoobrew.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
    Too get rid of any accumulated moisture in the tank. Periodic maintenance.

Prost!
    Dave
    Ah I misunderstood. We have a solenoid valve rigged up on the bottom for auto-drain of condensation.

Update on the meheen... the new bottle seals seem to have done the trick. The old ones we had were rubber, a smaller outer diameter, and apparently just a bit worn out. We ended up with silicon, larger diameter ones from Oasthouse in the UK, replaced them all and we're back bottling the Pils today.

As is often the case I find, simplest solution was the correct one. Thanks for the tips.

Meheen M6 - help with managing line!

We have been running an M6 for 1.5 years and recently converted from 12oz long necks to heritage. Recent increase in accounts requires longer runs and we are looking for input on putting together operating schedule that meets demands without killing everyone involved. How many hours per shift do you run your line? How many people, how often do they break/rotate/etc.

Worried about repetitive strain issues/injuries and quick burn out. We will need to upgrade the line in the next 3-6 months but need a solution that works in the meantime.

Thanks!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920