Meheen users unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all--

We're getting a counter-pressure failed error during purge on our M6. There's a squealing noise as the CO2 escapes around the bottle seal. We've tinkered with CO2 pressure, etc. and I've order replacement seals.

Any experience with this issue? Is replacing the bottle seals sufficient for getting this problem in check? Been running for years (prior to my arrival here) as is with pretty consistent reliability. Not sure when seals were last replaced...

Thanks for any tips/ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCNBREWER View Post
      Hello all--

We're getting a counter-pressure failed error during purge on our M6. There's a squealing noise as the CO2 escapes around the bottle seal. We've tinkered with CO2 pressure, etc. and I've order replacement seals.

Any experience with this issue? Is replacing the bottle seals sufficient for getting this problem in check? Been running for years (prior to my arrival here) as is with pretty consistent reliability. Not sure when seals were last replaced...

Thanks for any tips/ideas.
      Howdy BCNBREWER,
      I had the same issue. Turns out it was my compressed air supply was too low and, basically, couldn't hold the fill head down against the bottles against the line/head pressure. Getting the air pressure up did the trick. Drain your compressed air tank, search for air leaks, calibrate the air regulator.
      Good luck and Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
        Howdy BCNBREWER,
        I had the same issue. Turns out it was my compressed air supply was too low and, basically, couldn't hold the fill head down against the bottles against the line/head pressure. Getting the air pressure up did the trick. Drain your compressed air tank, search for air leaks, calibrate the air regulator.
        Good luck and Prost!
        Dave

Thanks for the tips Dave. Much appreciated.

Our Air compressor was set around 100psi. Not sure if it had been bumped or turned down by someone. We cranked it up and will give it a run in a day or two with higher pressure and new bottle seals. Hopefully that'll get the job done. Why drain the air tank?

Comment

• Originally posted by BCNBREWER View Post
          Thanks for the tips Dave. Much appreciated.

Our Air compressor was set around 100psi. Not sure if it had been bumped or turned down by someone. We cranked it up and will give it a run in a day or two with higher pressure and new bottle seals. Hopefully that'll get the job done. Why drain the air tank?
          Too get rid of any accumulated moisture in the tank. Periodic maintenance.

Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

• YOU SHOULD DRAIN YOUR AIR COMPRESSOR TANK EVERY DAY! You will be surprised at how much water will condense and build up. If it sits in the tank, over time it will rust the tank and compromise its integrity. Also, it will take up volume in the tank, causing your compressor to cycle more often. You should also have an air dryer after the tank to take moisture out of the air supply to the brewery. Most problems with air solenoids are caused by dirty, moist compressed air getting in and gunking up the solenoid. You will have all kinds of problems with a Meheen if you don't have clean, dry air.
            Linus Hall
            Yazoo Brewing
            Nashville, TN
            www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

• Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
              Too get rid of any accumulated moisture in the tank. Periodic maintenance.

Prost!
              Dave
              Ah I misunderstood. We have a solenoid valve rigged up on the bottom for auto-drain of condensation.

Update on the meheen... the new bottle seals seem to have done the trick. The old ones we had were rubber, a smaller outer diameter, and apparently just a bit worn out. We ended up with silicon, larger diameter ones from Oasthouse in the UK, replaced them all and we're back bottling the Pils today.

As is often the case I find, simplest solution was the correct one. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

• Meheen M6 - help with managing line!

We have been running an M6 for 1.5 years and recently converted from 12oz long necks to heritage. Recent increase in accounts requires longer runs and we are looking for input on putting together operating schedule that meets demands without killing everyone involved. How many hours per shift do you run your line? How many people, how often do they break/rotate/etc.

Worried about repetitive strain issues/injuries and quick burn out. We will need to upgrade the line in the next 3-6 months but need a solution that works in the meantime.

Thanks!

Comment

• Bottle Gaskets popping off...

After a bunch of successful bottling runs I now have bottle gaskets(white rubber donuts) getting stuck in the bottle locator holes and popping off. Anyone have any advice? I need to run this run and in a jam.

Rick

Comment

• NoShok transmitter

Hi all. Has anyone come up with a good way to keep product from making its way into the NoShok pressure sensor? I've tried a longer tube (maybe need to go even longer?). The quick connect is new and doesn't leak. It's hard to keep that thing dry & clean.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has a spare they'd be willing to part with, let me know.

mtn

Comment

• Originally posted by rhorton73 View Post
                      After a bunch of successful bottling runs I now have bottle gaskets(white rubber donuts) getting stuck in the bottle locator holes and popping off. Anyone have any advice? I need to run this run and in a jam.

Rick
                      Too late for your problem, but cleaning them and wiping the bottle contacting part with silicon lube might help. Maybe some double sided sticky tape to hold them up?

mtn

Comment

• Trouble shooting a year 2000 Meheen

I purchased a older 4 head Meheen from the year 2000 and but I am having trouble with the crowner function. I can only cap bottles if I disconnect the air line that goes to the bottle ejection cylinders (there is air flowing constantly to these, not sure if this is correct or maybe there is a problem with the Mac valve). Once I connect the the air line back to the bottle ejection cylinders (remember the air is flowing constantly), the bottles release. If I try to cap bottles with the air to the bottle ejection cylinders attached, the caps don't go on.

Also, I noticed that there are different numbers on the Mac valves. Are these all the same but with different model numbers due to the year they were manufactured or are they different? If they are different, I would greatly appreciate if someone could send me a picture to know that they are in the correct spot. The machine I bought was sitting in storage for a decade,
                        so the old owner doesn't know.

Finally, there is a brass valve that goes inline to the bottle ejection cylinders. Printed in the valve it says Mead Chicago and it has instructions that allow you to slowdown or speedup (mine seem to do nothing when testing it unconnected to the bottle ejection cylinder). Does anyone know what this valve is called and what's it's function?

Any ideas to trouble shoot this would be great and I would greatly appreciate it!

Comment

• Those MAC valves are prone to sticking. If you follow the air line from the cylinder back to the MAC valve, that is the one that is sticking. You might try disassembling the valve, cleaning it out, and spraying some lubricant into its openings.

There is a way to put the Meheen in manual, and cycle each MAC valve on and off. Try that after you have cleaned and lubricated it, and see if that freed it up to cycle the valve.

The MAC valves need very clean and dry compressed air. If you have moisture in your compressed air, it will cause them to seize up.
                          Linus Hall
                          Yazoo Brewing
                          Nashville, TN
                          www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

• Meheen HMI/PLC

Has anyone running an older machine with the old style control, figured out what to do in case
                            their HMI control panel dies ?

Im trying to build a spare parts cache, to be ready for any unexpected breakdown.

Our machine is a 2000 6 head.

Cheers !!

Comment

• Counter pressure error, cap drop problems

Hey guys, I've been repurposing a really old machine (1999) and it's driving me crazy.

We're almost there, but there are a couple of small things that are keeping me from being able to run a full auto cycle.

I was getting counter pressure errors, so I changed out the pressure sensor. Now the new sensor sometimes gives me errors, sometimes doesn't. I keep rechecking the connections and the wires are firmly in place. The air pressure is at a constant 95 psi. The C02 is right at 40 psi. Do you guys think it's an issue with the new sensor?

The cap drop is really unreliable as well. It frequently drops multiple caps down the same chute and I (of course) immediately have to shut down the auto cycle. Should I change out the pins? If I do a manual cap drop, they appear to work fine. It just fucks up in automatic mode.

Comment

• [QUOTE=pmejiar;245327]I purchased a older 4 head Meheen from the year 2000 and but I am having trouble with the crowner function. I can only cap bottles if I disconnect the air line that goes to the bottle ejection cylinders (there is air flowing constantly to these, not sure if this is correct or maybe there is a problem with the Mac valve). Once I connect the the air line back to the bottle ejection cylinders (remember the air is flowing constantly), the bottles release. If I try to cap bottles with the air to the bottle ejection cylinders attached, the caps don't go on [/QUOTE

I spoke with Meheen, the problem was super simple, I was testing the machine using the manual testing function. In automode it works fine

Comment

Working...
                                X