Meheen users unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whm3223 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been repurposing a really old machine (1999) and it's driving me crazy.

We're almost there, but there are a couple of small things that are keeping me from being able to run a full auto cycle.

I was getting counter pressure errors, so I changed out the pressure sensor. Now the new sensor sometimes gives me errors, sometimes doesn't. I keep rechecking the connections and the wires are firmly in place. The air pressure is at a constant 95 psi. The C02 is right at 40 psi. Do you guys think it's an issue with the new sensor?

The cap drop is really unreliable as well. It frequently drops multiple caps down the same chute and I (of course) immediately have to shut down the auto cycle. Should I change out the pins? If I do a manual cap drop, they appear to work fine. It just fucks up in automatic mode.
    What pressure is the product tank at? Have you seen this post regarding this issue?

Comment

• Trouble getting Cap on Foam

Hi guys,

We have a Meheen M6 bought new in 2015...the first couple years we had no choice but to have to bottle beer at 6-8 C and had no issues dialling it in to get good Cap on Foam for all our beers.

We now package from Unitanks that are sitting at 1 C and have issues getting Cap on Foam on two of our lower CO2 volume beers. Anything below 2.3 volumes and I struggle to get foamage.

I've tried the following:

* Running the black knob wide open
      * Varying the Low pressure psi from top to bottom
      * Pulsing...which appears to work, but the largest intensity just seems to blow beer out of bottle but not generating foam.

I usually as a rule run the tank pressure at 15psi and think on these beers that maybe lowering that might be the key...but I've always had fill height issues with a too low of tank pressures, so hesitant.

Rep here said to warm the beer up...so, if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
      Jeff
      Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
      Chairman of the Beer
      Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
      Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
      W: www.lovibonds.com
      F: LovibondsBrewery
      T: @Lovibonds

Comment

• Jeff,

You might try bumping your carb levels up just a little. 2.4-2.5 isn't that much more, and the foaming will knock some out and let you cap on foam.
        Linus Hall
        Yazoo Brewing
        Nashville, TN
        www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

• Price for 2 years old...

Fellows
          We are in Europe and in the market for a bottle filler. We have been considering their 6 heads micro carbonated filler and it just happens than another european brewery who bought theirs in 2017 need to scale up and are selling theirs. I am not sure who makes their labeller but could you please guide me as to what a fair used price is?
          Thanks
          Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by pmejiar View Post
            What pressure is the product tank at? Have you seen this post regarding this issue?

https://discussions.probrewer.com/sh...eheen-question
            Wow, thanks so much for that link. I hadn't read that post. A keg in line fixed my counter pressure error!

I'm still having cap drop problems though... One chute consistently drops two caps. I degreased the mufflers, still no dice.

Anyone out there had the same issue?

EDIT: I thought it was an air issue, but after following some simple advice, I took off and lubed all the pins. Appears to have worked!
            Last edited by whm3223; 02-19-2019, 01:20 PM. Reason: Issue resolved

Comment

• Rinsing CIP bottles and first fills

Hey guys,

Has anyone come up with any clever ideas/devices for rinsing out the couple cases of CIP bottles and first fills of a run. We are currently rinsing them by hand with a home brew bottle washer, then PAA rinse to drain before going back into cases to PAA recirc and feed the Meheen. This currenlty is the biggest pain in the ass of a bottling day. Thinking of maybe just purchasing or making another standalone Case rinser for this job.

Any experience appreciated.

Cheers,
              Jeff
              Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
              Chairman of the Beer
              Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
              Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
              W: www.lovibonds.com
              F: LovibondsBrewery
              T: @Lovibonds

Comment

• Leak Test Failure

I have been having a tough time solving leak test problems. I have my CO2 set at 35psi. It's an unrestricted line straight from a bulk supply tank. The pressure sensors have been checked. All valves cleaned and or replaced. Fill head thoroughly checked and tested with brushed on soapy water. Cant find a leak anywhere. The leak test starts but fails at about 10-12psi. However after it fails, the pressure holds in the bottles. Tried increasing CO2 pressure with same results.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Jonathan Hull
                Naked Flock Hard Cider

Comment

• Needed - Bimba Ultran Rodless Cylinder

One of our Bimba UG-129.5-B Rodless cylinders went out for the fill head. Build time from factory is 2 weeks, Meheen doesn't have a line on any. Anybody have one they'd like to sell until our replacements come in? Only need one for now but have two on order.

Cheers,

Mark
                  secondlinebrewing@gmail.com

Comment

• My machine is not responding when I press the brewery-name when it boots. Suggestions? It beeps, but I'm not getting past the first screen.

Edit: fixed.! Just flip the switch inside the cabinet.
                    Last edited by keiron; 08-26-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Leak Test Failure

Originally posted by Naked Flock View Post
                      I have been having a tough time solving leak test problems. I have my CO2 set at 35psi. It's an unrestricted line straight from a bulk supply tank. The pressure sensors have been checked. All valves cleaned and or replaced. Fill head thoroughly checked and tested with brushed on soapy water. Cant find a leak anywhere. The leak test starts but fails at about 10-12psi. However after it fails, the pressure holds in the bottles. Tried increasing CO2 pressure with same results.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Jonathan Hull
                      Naked Flock Hard Cider
                      Sounds like a pneumatic valve is leaking. Use a glass of water to check the air discharge from your snift and speed valve. If you see bubbles during leak test then you have your answer.

Also, make sure that your fill head is coming down far enough to seal bottles - those donuts should be squished pretty far on the bottles.

Mark

Comment

• My Speed Valve Is Too Speedy!

Hello, all!

Thanks for creating and contributing to such a helpful forum!
                        Our company just got a second hand 2016 Meheen to bottle a carbonated juice product. I spent a little time doing some repairs and leak tests and pretty much fixed everything that seemed to need work. We've been running some practice runs with of a mock-up of our final product but are having a lot of trouble with over foaming. Once the bottles have been purged and the filling begins the product comes out of the straws way too quickly. The product tank is at ~15.5. The bonnet needle valve on the speed outlet seems to have no effect whether it is fully closed, fully open, or anywhere in between. I've done copious leak tests and am confident that the valve isn't being bypassed somehow. The company owner and I are very new to this machine and still have a lot to learn but from everything that I've read and heard that valve should have some effect on the velocity of the liquid.

Thanks again for all the help, guys!
                        Ethan

Ethan Nixon
                        ríjuice LLC
                        Lancaster, PA

Comment

• Did you ever get a response on this?

Originally posted by MotherKombucha View Post
                          We have been running an M6 for 1.5 years and recently converted from 12oz long necks to heritage. Recent increase in accounts requires longer runs and we are looking for input on putting together operating schedule that meets demands without killing everyone involved. How many hours per shift do you run your line? How many people, how often do they break/rotate/etc.

Worried about repetitive strain issues/injuries and quick burn out. We will need to upgrade the line in the next 3-6 months but need a solution that works in the meantime.

Thanks!
                          I know it's only been a year and a half, but was wondering if you got a response on this? You guys seem to be rockin' it down in the Southeast!
                          Cheers!
                          Tom
                          St. Louis

Comment

• New question! Can I connect a 30 liter keg directly to the Counter pressure bottle filler?

Comment

• Originally posted by CRIBEER View Post
                              New question! Can I connect a 30 liter keg directly to the Counter pressure bottle filler?
                              Howdy CRIBEER,
                              I have tried this with a single 1/2 bbl keg and with several 1/2 bbl kegs daisy-chained together. It was always problematic, due to the difficulty in maintaining a consistent head pressure in the kegs. I recall getting rows of low fills one after another as well as repeating counter pressure fails. If you ran the filler very slow, you might get away with it.

Prost!
                              Dave
                              Glacier Brewing Company
                              406-883-2595
                              info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

• Greeting all!
                                First of all, this is an awesome forum! I love seeing how many are willing to help fellow within the industry and after.
                                So here is my situation. I have recently purchased a 1996 4 head (not a safe cracker) that hasn't been used in several years. I'm in the process of trying to get it up and running again and have gotten most of the problems isolated and parts on order. The thing is, it did not come with the whole speed valve/ snift assembly. I have 2 pneumatic lines and a tri-clamp welded to the frame and that is it! I was wondering if there was anyone running a machine this old who could help me out with some pics/ a diagram of this assembly so that i can piece together a new one. I've found some photos online and notice that many have 3 valves there. Are these machines controlling each valve independently or is there a tee off one of the pneumatic lines? basically, is there anyone willing to walk me through the setup of the speed/ snift assembly?

I also found a link in this thread of a PDF parts list for Meheens but the link no longer works. Anyone happen to have a copy they could send me of re post?

Comment

Working...
                                X