Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Meheen users unite!

Quote Originally Posted by whm3223 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been repurposing a really old machine (1999) and it's driving me crazy.

We're almost there, but there are a couple of small things that are keeping me from being able to run a full auto cycle.

I was getting counter pressure errors, so I changed out the pressure sensor. Now the new sensor sometimes gives me errors, sometimes doesn't. I keep rechecking the connections and the wires are firmly in place. The air pressure is at a constant 95 psi. The C02 is right at 40 psi. Do you guys think it's an issue with the new sensor?

The cap drop is really unreliable as well. It frequently drops multiple caps down the same chute and I (of course) immediately have to shut down the auto cycle. Should I change out the pins? If I do a manual cap drop, they appear to work fine. It just fucks up in automatic mode.
    What pressure is the product tank at? Have you seen this post regarding this issue?

https://discussions.probrewer.com/sh...eheen-question

Trouble getting Cap on Foam

Hi guys,

We have a Meheen M6 bought new in 2015...the first couple years we had no choice but to have to bottle beer at 6-8 C and had no issues dialling it in to get good Cap on Foam for all our beers.

We now package from Unitanks that are sitting at 1 C and have issues getting Cap on Foam on two of our lower CO2 volume beers. Anything below 2.3 volumes and I struggle to get foamage.

I've tried the following:

* Running the black knob wide open
    * Varying the Low pressure psi from top to bottom
    * Pulsing...which appears to work, but the largest intensity just seems to blow beer out of bottle but not generating foam.

I usually as a rule run the tank pressure at 15psi and think on these beers that maybe lowering that might be the key...but I've always had fill height issues with a too low of tank pressures, so hesitant.

Rep here said to warm the beer up...so, if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

Jeff,

You might try bumping your carb levels up just a little. 2.4-2.5 isn't that much more, and the foaming will knock some out and let you cap on foam.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    [url]www.yazoobrew.com[/url]

Price for 2 years old...

Fellows
    We are in Europe and in the market for a bottle filler. We have been considering their 6 heads micro carbonated filler and it just happens than another european brewery who bought theirs in 2017 need to scale up and are selling theirs. I am not sure who makes their labeller but could you please guide me as to what a fair used price is?
    Thanks
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by pmejiar View Post
    What pressure is the product tank at? Have you seen this post regarding this issue?

https://discussions.probrewer.com/sh...eheen-question
    Wow, thanks so much for that link. I hadn't read that post. A keg in line fixed my counter pressure error!

I'm still having cap drop problems though... One chute consistently drops two caps. I degreased the mufflers, still no dice.

Anyone out there had the same issue?

EDIT: I thought it was an air issue, but after following some simple advice, I took off and lubed all the pins. Appears to have worked!
    Last edited by whm3223; 02-19-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Issue resolved

Rinsing CIP bottles and first fills

Hey guys,

Has anyone come up with any clever ideas/devices for rinsing out the couple cases of CIP bottles and first fills of a run. We are currently rinsing them by hand with a home brew bottle washer, then PAA rinse to drain before going back into cases to PAA recirc and feed the Meheen. This currenlty is the biggest pain in the ass of a bottling day. Thinking of maybe just purchasing or making another standalone Case rinser for this job.

Any experience appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

Leak Test Failure

I have been having a tough time solving leak test problems. I have my CO2 set at 35psi. It's an unrestricted line straight from a bulk supply tank. The pressure sensors have been checked. All valves cleaned and or replaced. Fill head thoroughly checked and tested with brushed on soapy water. Cant find a leak anywhere. The leak test starts but fails at about 10-12psi. However after it fails, the pressure holds in the bottles. Tried increasing CO2 pressure with same results.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Jonathan Hull
    Naked Flock Hard Cider

Needed - Bimba Ultran Rodless Cylinder

One of our Bimba UG-129.5-B Rodless cylinders went out for the fill head. Build time from factory is 2 weeks, Meheen doesn't have a line on any. Anybody have one they'd like to sell until our replacements come in? Only need one for now but have two on order.

Cheers,

Mark
    secondlinebrewing@gmail.com

My machine is not responding when I press the brewery-name when it boots. Suggestions? It beeps, but I'm not getting past the first screen.

Edit: fixed.! Just flip the switch inside the cabinet.
    Last edited by keiron; 08-26-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Leak Test Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Flock View Post
    I have been having a tough time solving leak test problems. I have my CO2 set at 35psi. It's an unrestricted line straight from a bulk supply tank. The pressure sensors have been checked. All valves cleaned and or replaced. Fill head thoroughly checked and tested with brushed on soapy water. Cant find a leak anywhere. The leak test starts but fails at about 10-12psi. However after it fails, the pressure holds in the bottles. Tried increasing CO2 pressure with same results.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Jonathan Hull
    Naked Flock Hard Cider
    Sounds like a pneumatic valve is leaking. Use a glass of water to check the air discharge from your snift and speed valve. If you see bubbles during leak test then you have your answer.

Also, make sure that your fill head is coming down far enough to seal bottles - those donuts should be squished pretty far on the bottles.

Mark

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021