mobile brite tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile brite tank

We are getting a 5 bbl brite tank, single wall, and need to be able to move it out of the cold room to clean it. It is approximately 500 lb empty. Would like any input on mounting wheels for this purpose. We are looking at casters and a mounting plate, but any input would be much appreciated.
    Thanks again for all the help.
    Cheers
    Mike

We have a mobile yeast brink of about the same size. Things you'll need to consider are roughness of floor and obstacles (gutters, etc). The rougher the floor and the larger the obstacles you need to traverse will define the diameter of your wheels--larger is better. Our brink runs on 8" metal wheels with a thin polymer tire and sealed ball-bearings and does quite nicely. Two wheels pivot (with brakes) and two are fixed. Not cheap, but better to buy once and be happy. I think we sourced ours from Grainger, but you can likely find them elsewhere for cheaper.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Thanks Timm. Your input is appreciated.
      Hey, I kinda know Joe that got your old 5 BBL. He's good friends with a friend of mine.
      Thanks again,
      Cheers
      Mike

Comment

pallet-jack-able

We had several 7bbl grundies welded up with these skids so we can move them with a pallet jack and load them on a truck with a fork lift.

...food for thought

ackK
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I may look into that as an additional option.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X