Doughnuts or Cake????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughnuts or Cake????

Has anyone out there ever put doughnuts or cake into their mash?? Just wondering if any of the grease/oils would have any negative effect on the mash process. And if you did successfully do this, how much did it come through in the end (taste wise)?
    Thanks in advance for your responses.

Dude, gross.

Comment

One day, National Donut day in fact, we decided to put a donut in our Randall as a joke, it was an entertaining fail.

Comment

My advice would be to dump some uv cake in a keg. The flavor from cake and doughnuts is primarily simple sugar so no it wouldn't come through very well.

Comment

3 Bavarian creams in a keg of hefe.

Comment

sometimes I feel the Reinheitsgebot is silly, stifling and antiquated. then I'm reminded that it saves hapless consumers from donut beer, so maybe it's good, on balance.

Comment

I had heard that Shorts Brewery put whole pies into one of their brews. They just dumped them into the mash. So I didn't think it to be THAT gross. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                Has anyone out there ever put doughnuts or cake into their mash?? Just wondering if any of the grease/oils would have any negative effect on the mash process. And if you did successfully do this, how much did it come through in the end (taste wise)?
                Thanks in advance for your responses.

It kind of seems like pointless to me - hard to extract a bunch of flavor from donuts or cake - but if you can use it as a marketing tool, then so be it.
                Troy Robinson
                Quirk Brewing
                Walla Walla

Comment

Originally posted by nateo View Post
                  sometimes I feel the Reinheitsgebot is silly, stifling and antiquated. then I'm reminded that it saves hapless consumers from donut beer, so maybe it's good, on balance.
                  Ugh, just we need. Someone to tell us what we consumers should or shouldn't like.
                  Troy Robinson
                  Quirk Brewing
                  Walla Walla

Comment

Originally posted by troybinso View Post
                    Ugh, just we need. Someone to tell us what we consumers should or shouldn't like.
                    ugh, just what the beer industry needs, more gimmicky beer with "creative" ingredients.

Comment

Why not through it in there. Who the f cares? I have never heard of it so do it and see what happens.

Comment

http://www.duesouthbrewing.com/the-beer/ does a coffee and donut porter called "Calling all cars"
                        ________
                        Cheers,

David Rodriguez
                        Assistant Brewer/Head Cellerman
                        Wynwood Brewing Company
                        565 NW 24th St
                        Miami, FL 33127

www.wynwoodbrewing.com
                        David@wynwoodbrewing.com
                        Cell: (954) 471-6588

Comment

racking a finished beer over it makes more sense than mashing it, i'd say...

Comment

Evil Twin Brewing (@ Westbrook) has brewed with over 1000 donuts before....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1455091_630411713668106_1480694062_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	190422

Comment

Originally posted by nateo View Post
                              I second that

Comment

Working...
                              X