"Beverly" DO meter from Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beverly" DO meter from Hamilton

We looked into these new DO meters from Hamilton at CBC. They're about 40% cheaper than similar meters from Hach, Anton Paar, Mettler Toledo, etc. Does anyone have one? Any feedback?

Hamilton has a good name for lab kit and the meters seem like a decent unit. Price is excellent, from the reports I've heard!

I'm sure I will be seeing one in the near future, so if you haven't already gone ahead with purchase, I'll keep you informed.

Comment

I'm looking at purchasing the Beverly. Anyone have feedback yet?

Comment

Any updates on demos or is anyone else happy with their Beverly? Currently looking into a DO meter for wort, BT purges, TPO.

Comment

We just got a Beverly DO meter. Its my first experience with a DO meter, but it seems great. Very, very simple to use. It's quite robust as well.

My only complaint is that the zahm piercer that was supplied with ours is very fragile and difficult to use. I would find another brand of piercer to use with it.

Comment

Any other feedback on the Beverly? We're looking into one too...

Comment

Anyone? All I've heard is it's a good unit but not quite as accurate as the Hach. But it's half the price!

Comment

We looked at it at CBC last year. I'm not sure what the target usage for this is. It does not accurately read low enough DO in ppb for packaging. I can't remember the range but it's lowest number was still higher that you'd want your bottles or cans to read.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                Scott Strain
                President
                Kros Strain Brewing

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBeerNut View Post
                  We looked at it at CBC last year. I'm not sure what the target usage for this is. It does not accurately read low enough DO in ppb for packaging. I can't remember the range but it's lowest number was still higher that you'd want your bottles or cans to read.

OK thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBeerNut View Post

It measures down to 4ppb. I think you have it confused with another DO meter. Link

Comment

Originally posted by AT-JeffT View Post
                      It measures down to 4ppb. I think you have it confused with another DO meter. Link
                      Yeah, we use the Beverly for measuring DO in knockout wort in ppm as well as finished, packaged beer in ppb. The Beverly does a great job at measuring either one, although we use it more for measuring DO in packaged beer (ppb). We also use it to measure O2 when we're purging brites. The Beverly is a great value, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt@Bauhaus View Post
                        Yeah, we use the Beverly for measuring DO in knockout wort in ppm as well as finished, packaged beer in ppb. The Beverly does a great job at measuring either one, although we use it more for measuring DO in packaged beer (ppb). We also use it to measure O2 when we're purging brites. The Beverly is a great value, IMO.
                        Man, with the $ we'd save getting the Beverly over the Hach, it'd free up cash for other lab measuring equipment we could also use... Have you had the Beverly long? Is it durable?

Comment

We have one and we like it. I would caveat it with the following: stay consistent with calibrating it. Zero point it for things that you need ppb measurements for, air calibrate for things that you need ppm measurements for... keep in mind that if you're doing most/all of your work in the ppb scale, it is not the most accurate meter out there, true it measures down to 4 ppb, but once you include the +/- error, it can be a little more iffy on some of those lower readings. It is very durable, the battery lasts a long time, and it is a great value for getting into oxygen measurement. We've had ours for a little over two years and we're thinking we want something a little more accurate, with a smaller measurement chamber for our packaged beer, but it has improved a ton of our processes, everything from knock out oxygenation to brite tank purging to keg cleaner purging to canning. We definitely got our moneys worth out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by fastricky View Post
                            Man, with the $ we'd save getting the Beverly over the Hach, it'd free up cash for other lab measuring equipment we could also use... Have you had the Beverly long? Is it durable?
                            We've had ours for about 1.5 years, and it's held up just fine. The housing is really durable. There are several other breweries in our area who have had a Beverly longer than we have, and I haven't heard of anyone having durability issues. Like AnthonyB said above, you need to calibrate it periodically. That said, ours hasn't ever seemed like it's drifted too far between calibrations.

Comment

I've been looking into one of these or the gehaltemeter. Does anyone know where to get a good can piercer to use with this? Does the Beverly do CO2 as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X