Experienced Distiller in Portland seeking new opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experienced Distiller in Portland seeking new opportunities

I am currently an Assistant Distiller at two distilleries in Portland: a leading craft distillery producing multiple mainstream spirits categories, and a producer of fruit brandies, liqueurs, and whiskey. Between these two roles I have a broad range of skills covering the entire distillation process; including recipe creation, mash production, fermentation, distillation, barreling, bottling and tasting room sales, and also cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning.

I’m looking for a new position with room for growth. Though I’m most experienced with distilling, I also love beer and brewing. My interests are far-reaching, and I’m particularly keen on collaborative projects with other local producers, agriculturally-focused sourcing, and quality-oriented production. I’m willing to do a virtually unlimited amount of hard, tedious labor (see: making fruit brandy), but I’m really seeking learning opportunities. In other words, I’m not interested in a full-time bottling gig if there are no development opportunities to go along with it.

I also have a background in accounting and finance, and though I’ve left the corporate world behind I retain a deep-seated enthusiasm for crushing Excel spreadsheets and budget analysis. I’m also pretty well versed on lean manufacturing and management techniques in the industrial setting.

I have an open mind about what kind of position would be a good fit. Part-time work would be ok, and so would a position outside the Portland metropolitan area (but within driving distance). If you’re looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and focused person to lead or support a beer, spirits, or winemaking operation, get in touch. I’d love to hear from you and talk about how I can help.

Start up 15 BBL system looking for experienced brewer

Saw your post, My brewery is within 30 minutes of Portland and I am currently looking to talk with some brewers and explore some options. Duties would be everything a head brewer does in a start up situation, basically some of everything. I like your work history and would like to talk with you more if your still looking. Thanks T

Comment

Hi Troy, I am still looking for the right opportunity. I just sent you a PM. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X