Digital Tap Map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Tap Map?

We're a relatively new brewery in Kansas City. We have been distributing for almost 3 months and have almost 70 accounts so far. My question is - what do you guys use to map out where you're on tap? I frequently have people asking me on social media as well as in our tasting room for an up to date list. So...I created this on google maps. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/...4.k9RggKn3qlAw

Does anyone have any better suggestions? I plan on loading that map to our website, but I wanted to get some opinions if there is a better way to map your accounts.

Prost!

James

It's really hard. Just because you sold a keg to an account, doesn't mean it's on tap yet, or still. Add distributors in and it's even more removed from you. I opt for a core list of good places that you're always on, rather than the shotgun of everywhere that's bought a keg from you ever.
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

We've been fortunate so far that only 2 accounts have not re-ordered out beer. Also, I'm basing my tap list off a spreadsheet I get from the distributors each week. I would totally agree with you if I was attempting to put each specific beer. That is too specific and could cause issues. My thoughts were that it could help us if they kicked our keg and people were asking about it. Drive customer demand and all that. Am I thinking too short term here?

Comment

Russell is totally right on this one.

Lots of companies have those "where can you find us?" functions on their website. Lots of companies are also terrible about keeping it updated. It's incredibly annoying to go somewhere to buy something, and they say "yeah, we used to have that but we don't carry it anymore."

If I went to one or two places you listed and they didn't have your beer, I would stop using your list, and maybe stop trying to find your beer.

Comment

You can always just talk of geographic regions. I say "All over the Island, lots of places around Seattle, and to a lesser extent the rest of Puget Sound."

Or another good one "Well, we added like 50 new accounts last month, so...around?"
          Russell Everett
          Co-Founder / Head Brewer
          Bainbridge Island Brewing
          Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

We can help with your map.

KcBierGuy we can easily build a beer map for you if interested. We have a good system and our clients currently use it. Check out the link here: http://broomtailcraftbrewery.com/find-our-beer/ you may have to confirm your age first, if it does that just navigate to the "Find Our Beer" menu. Completely able to customize maps for you, Broomtail was our client so we built their responsive site for them. Now this feature comes standard with all our brewery design sites.

Cheers,
            --Growler Creative

Comment

Working...
            X