Let's Play- Guess this Tank!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Play- Guess this Tank!

I found this tank at a food processing auction and the first thing I said to myself- it's a pressure vessel- I can turn this into a brite tank!

The outer wrap was all dented up but is only a cover for the insulation. We removed it and the tank is nice solid SS.

The top of the tank was bolted on with some monster bolts and about 1/2" thick!

Inside is a contraption that looks like a alien ray gun

The tank has a bottom triclover, and two triclovers on the side at different heights. The top lip of the tank has two threaded ports with a pressure gauge on one. The lid has another screw on lid with a 3" triclover that is pretty thick. There are two more triclovers on the large top as well.

I measured the tank and rounding up its 150 gal volume

Any guesses what this tank was? Based on the thickness, I should be able to carb in it after cleaning it up. It needs a base, prv, sample valve, Tri carb stone, elbow and valve at bottom, a cip head at top, new pressure gauge. Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JC McDowell
    Bandit Brewing Co.- 3bbl brewery and growing
    Darby, MT- population 700
    OPENED Black Friday 2014!

Looks Like Some Sort of Filtration Tank

With all the different levels of plates looks like a rough filtration system??

Comment

Steam Reclamation?

Could it have been to recover steam from a boiler system? It had a large valve at the top, I don't understand that. All those plates look similar a distillation setup catching the and condensing the vapor as it rises. It was insulated as well.
      JC McDowell
      Bandit Brewing Co.- 3bbl brewery and growing
      Darby, MT- population 700
      OPENED Black Friday 2014!

Comment

Working...
      X