Help - Over Attenuation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by honkey View Post
    Where do you get your yeast? I had problems with BSI yeast contaminated with a diastaticus sub-species
    Can you expand on this? Any certain strain you had the trouble with? How did you discover it?

Comment

You could be over pitching and/or over oxygenating the wort which can lead to over attenuation. What's your pitch process and oxygen level (L/min)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think that if you are attenuating more now than you were earlier, you may have yeast cross-contamination problems or wild yeast infection. Even single infusion mashing at 155 should yield an FG of about 2.0 - 2.5 on many beers. Chico ale yeast is a pretty good attenuator, but I've never seen it go that low in my brewery.

You said that you are managing four strains of yeast. This requires very careful washing and sanitation practises, and the risk of cross contamination gets higher the more types of yeast you have.

You should try fermenting your next batch with a freshly purchased pitch of yeast, but before that, you should run a very thorough clean out of all your tanks, lines, gaskets, valves, ports, man ways, etc.

Comment

Bringing this one back around

Originally posted by FourSeasons View Post
          Same as before. Mashed at 159. FG was at 1.25 P. I cant figure it out.....
          Having a very similar issue here. Did you figure out what was causing it?

Comment

Originally posted by JNS View Post
            Having a very similar issue here. Did you figure out what was causing it?

Have you checked the accuracy of your temp probes??

Comment

That sounds like diastaticus issue to me. I had some issues like that one time with fresh yeast and turned out to be just the yeast, so knowing that it was preventable

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X