Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience buying from Sungood Machinery? (SGM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience buying from Sungood Machinery? (SGM)

Looking at piecing together a 7bbl brewhouse, but due to height restrictions (8foot ceiling)
    We've been looking at 2 custom built wider fermentors, with a 3bbl kettle. Double batches, twice a week.

Being new to game, we're looking for advice on build quality.

Anyone ever had any issues with SGM? Welds? Shipping delays?
    I've been warned by a couple of local breweries about buying gear from China, but we definitely can't afford any DME level gear.

The prices are tempting, and they've been quick with the custom mock ups/specs.

Worth the risk?
    Any info is appreciated.

Tidehouse Brewing
    Canada.

Just bought two tanks from them. They have yet to arrive, still in customs, so I can't comment on the finished product. But SGM and Gavin were very easy to deal with.

They used to go by the name Abany, search for that, there are a few threads on here giving reviews.

Comment

AHA! Thanks for the response.
      Found a lot more info, and it looks like Gavin saw my post as he immediately sent me all of their references.

It looks like most people have had nothing but good things to say.
      Here goes nothing...

Tidehouse Brewing
      Canada

Comment

we purchased at 15 bbl brite from gavin. first class. highly recommended.

Comment

I heard you should have a customs broker when dealing direct with a company like this. Experiences?

Comment

Customs Broker

You want a customs broker, plain and simple. The paperwork and timing of the filings is very important or you can end up with massive delays or fines. Pay the couple hundred bucks for a good one and no headaches. Been through this twice.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
              You want a customs broker, plain and simple. The paperwork and timing of the filings is very important or you can end up with massive delays or fines. Pay the couple hundred bucks for a good one and no headaches. Been through this twice.
              Can you recommend someone?

Comment

We do have a customs broker at the ready, as soon as we're set to ship.
                Any other headaches a person should look out for? any red tape?

The plan is to accumulate the gear slowly, over a period of 6 months, which means rather than having 1 or 2 shipments for the bulk of the gear;
                it could be more like 5 or 6.

Primarily due to budgetary constraints.
                It will likely cost more in the long run, but easier to finance bit by bit on our end, spread out over time, rather than a huge chunk of cash all at once.

Thankfully we have a good sized storage space (rent free) that will allow us to collect all the bells and whistles.

Comment

You'll probably want a contract too, if you're spending an amount of money you can't comfortably throw away. An invoice is not an enforceable contract in China. There have been some folks on here who have complained about receiving sub-standard equipment, or no equipment at all from Chinese vendors.

Comment

Customs Broker

This is who we used. His name is Tom
                    Supply Chain Services, LLC
                    847 West Ave., BLDG 10
                    Rochester, NY 14611

Phone 585-436-6210

Not sure if he needs be located near you. Costs were good, excellent to work with and very prompt on replies. Let him know Justin from Three Huskies sent you.

As for doing multiple shipments vs 1. Take your time and do it all in 1, between customs, port, tariffs, etc it is very costly. We did 2 and I wish I would have done just 1. If need be save and do it as a large order. I ordered from Gavin, tanks were good, spell out what you expect, down to fittings, racking arms, gaskets, etc. If you don't say it, you don't get it. Do not assume its implied by general convention. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more, I have no problem giving out my cell that way or you can send me your number and I will give you a call. Be smart about this, you can either save a couple bucks or SPEND ALOT MORE THAN YOU WOULD HAVE.

Comment

pm'd

Thanks everyone.
                      If not for the info in this forum, I don't know where we'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by wailingguitar View Post
                        Can you recommend someone?
                        If you don't have a Customs broker,we can give you some US local Customs broker for you to choose.It is very easy.Don't worry!
                        ---------------------------------------------------------
                        Gavin

Please E-mail me at any time

We Specialize In Designing And Fabricating High Quality Tanks/Equipments For The Brewing Industry!

Email:
                        sungoodmachinery@vip.163.com
                        gavin@sungoodmachinery.com

www.sungoodmachinery.com(Updating)
                        Great Quality,Affordable Prices,24hours After-sales Service!
                        The Brand You Know,The People You Trust,The Quality You love!

Comment

Jinan Shendong Equipment Technology Co

Try these guys. I just got back from China and had a meeting with them about quality control. They are sending me HD pictures. I also have a sample of their new welding technique with their jacketed tanks. Looks good. Im thinking of buying a 30 bbl from them in the future.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X