Do NOT use Jinan HG Machinery Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do NOT use Jinan HG Machinery Co

Further to my comments about another Chinese company yesterday, I regret having to warn everyone against using Jinan HG Machinery Co., Ltd. (www.shandonghg.com). These guys purportedly supplied a single head keg washer / filler, a bottling line and an air compressor to suit the two machines.

The compressor controls between 4 and 8 bar. Both machines require stable 6 bar plus. And the tank appears to be totally inadequate.

The keg filler is uncleanable, no program, no cleaning head, no CIP return. It leaves caustic in the kegs. There are probably other problems but we have not been able to run it properly yet due to the lack of consistent air supply.

The bottling line smashes bottles in the crowner, again possibly due to the highly variable air supply pressure and volume. The bottle rinser doesn’t. The filler cannot be cleaned safely as there are no filler caps. We ran a clean without the caps, and practically had to leave the building there was so much spary. Some sort of CIP program, but what it actually does I don’t know, we couldn’t get near safely. No CIP return. No instructions either written or from the supposed commissioning technician (needless to say he only spoke Chinese of some sort or another)

On top of this are the inevitable communications problems, and the attitude – “you’ve paid us, go sort it out as it is your responsibility now.”
    Sorry to have to say it guys – but steer well clear

Glad it is not my money, but I really feel for the guy who bought this crap
    dick

Originally posted by Olivia Yu
    Hi everyone, this is Olivia Yu from Jinan HG Machinery CO.,Ltd.
    Our engineer was supposed to stay at their brewery for 9 days.But they forcibly detained him for 11 more days and forced him to work for them.Every day they only let our engineer have one meal, but letting him work from 8 am. to 12 pm.This made our engineer too exhausted to work.He was tortured both physically and mentally.

Please feel free to contact me at olivia.hgmachinery@hotmail.com with any questions regarding this matter.
    I am always at your service.
    Wish all of you a thriving business!
    This sounds more like it happened in China then the UK.

Comment

Thank You! Thank You!. We are a brewery in planning and looking at purchasing some equipment from some China suppliers but very leery because of these stories. Is there a place to find reputable China companies to order directly from or is it best to go through a middleman?

Comment

I am from Jinan HG Machinery Co.,Ltd.
        Please allow me to explain about the negative comments posted above.
        1.They didn't find a translator for us.
        2.This customer didn’t accept our engineer’s advice.
        3.They forcibly detained our engineer and forced him to work from 8 am. to 12 pm every day.This made our engineer too exhausted to work.He was tortured both physically and mentally.

Comment

8am to 12 pm... Wow what a long day haha. Why do people want to buy from China so desperately? There is plenty of good quality, low price equipment being manufactured right in the united states.

Comment

I was at the brewery for the first week the engineer was there.

He was, apparently, not from their company and so was not familiar with much of, possibly any of the machinery, particularly the labeller and keg racking machine. As has been pointed out, he did not speak any English, and eventually a local translator was found, who even more fortunately was an engineering lecturer (not sure what type of engineer, but she quickly understood much of the engineering requirements, so her head was screwed on the right way, if she will forgive the expression). Unfortunately as she also worked as a lecturer and had kids, she wasn't available full time, so I agree that the engineer was working on his own with Google translate (or the Chinese equivalent) to help for long periods of time. So we got no real instruction or advice from him. Contact directly to China elicited the response about CIP - "there is no CIP facility". Strange - the guy had just shown us the CIP commands, though he couldn't help any more than that - so we risked it and sprayed the place with CIP - degreased the whole machine anyway!!

Because he couldn't get the bottle filler to work before I left, he could not instruct us properly how to run it, and was then held back to try and complete the job.

As for finishing at midnight - we ate at 10 at the latest, back in our beds by about 11 pm apart from one night. The "torture" probably came about with lack of anyone else to speak the native language with, and lack of documented information to help understand how to set up and run the kit. We found it frustrating because the guy was obviously trying, but struggling.

I think part of the problem with lack of translator is that the brewery expected the translator to be provided (albeit at extra cost - as per brewing kit) from China, and when not informed this would be necessary, (wrongly) assumed the engineer could speak adequate English. I know it was a bit of a surprise on the brewery side, probably also the Chinese side to find we could not communicate.

As a post script to all this - the brewery still doesn't have a fully functioning (as designed and built) bottling line or keg line.

So I'm afraid that much as I would love to say things have been sorted out and would seriously consider going back to them, ........
            dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
              I was at the brewery for the first week the engineer was there.

He was, apparently, not from their company and so was not familiar with much of, possibly any of the machinery, particularly the labeller and keg racking machine. As has been pointed out, he did not speak any English, and eventually a local translator was found, who even more fortunately was an engineering lecturer (not sure what type of engineer, but she quickly understood much of the engineering requirements, so her head was screwed on the right way, if she will forgive the expression). Unfortunately as she also worked as a lecturer and had kids, she wasn't available full time, so I agree that the engineer was working on his own with Google translate (or the Chinese equivalent) to help for long periods of time. So we got no real instruction or advice from him. Contact directly to China elicited the response about CIP - "there is no CIP facility". Strange - the guy had just shown us the CIP commands, though he couldn't help any more than that - so we risked it and sprayed the place with CIP - degreased the whole machine anyway!!

Because he couldn't get the bottle filler to work before I left, he could not instruct us properly how to run it, and was then held back to try and complete the job.

As for finishing at midnight - we ate at 10 at the latest, back in our beds by about 11 pm apart from one night. The "torture" probably came about with lack of anyone else to speak the native language with, and lack of documented information to help understand how to set up and run the kit. We found it frustrating because the guy was obviously trying, but struggling.

I think part of the problem with lack of translator is that the brewery expected the translator to be provided (albeit at extra cost - as per brewing kit) from China, and when not informed this would be necessary, (wrongly) assumed the engineer could speak adequate English. I know it was a bit of a surprise on the brewery side, probably also the Chinese side to find we could not communicate.

As a post script to all this - the brewery still doesn't have a fully functioning (as designed and built) bottling line or keg line.

So I'm afraid that much as I would love to say things have been sorted out and would seriously consider going back to them, ........
              Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would not consider buying a whole system or more advanced equipment, but I am in the process of ordering some smaller and simpler stuff from them such as hoses, clamps, sight glasses etc. How has those things worked for you? (I would guess it is pretty hard to fuck up manufacturing a tri-clamp, but sometimes I get surprised).

-Christian

Comment

Hi

Sorry about the very late response. Not sure if I missed the notification or did not get one. I was prompted to re-visit by an email query referring to this discussion. So I am probably too late to make any difference to what you are / were proposing.

From what I saw, about the last thing I would do is buy little bits from them. In theory the parts should be compatible with locally made items (I assume from the zip code you are in the States), but I would much rather buy locally manufactured kit such as this, as then I can rest more easily that I can get spares such as size compatible and suitable quality gaskets, replacement sightglasses, particularly at short notice, and with no currency hassles.
                dick

Comment

Don't know if it's the same company....

But Jinan Shendong is a complete waste of money and time as well. Drawings that were meticulously negotiated were thrown away and we got tanks NOTHING like what was agreed to. We saved NOTHING by being cheap. Save your money and Buy Local. Isn't that what you are asking your customers to do?
                  Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Could you send a link

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
                    But Jinan Shendong is a complete waste of money and time as well. Drawings that were meticulously negotiated were thrown away and we got tanks NOTHING like what was agreed to. We saved NOTHING by being cheap. Save your money and Buy Local. Isn't that what you are asking your customers to do?

gitchegumee, could you send a link of webpage/email etc what company you mean. just want to make sure since im currently in quotation round.

- Mikko

Comment

Originally posted by SomeroBrewery View Post
                      gitchegumee, could you send a link of webpage/email etc what company you mean. just want to make sure since im currently in quotation round.

- Mikko
                      Is it this one http://www.cnbreweryequipment.com/ ? I am also looking to get some gear from them. I am only sourcing Serving Tanks, Brite Tanks, and Fermenters. I would appreciate any input on sourcing SDET for this equipment as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCarolinian View Post
                        Is it this one http://www.cnbreweryequipment.com/ ? I am also looking to get some gear from them. I am only sourcing Serving Tanks, Brite Tanks, and Fermenters. I would appreciate any input on sourcing SDET for this equipment as well.
                        This is Jinan Tiantai. I've seen some of their brewing kit in the UK, installed following good review elsewhere. The tanks look OK, but there are things I would want to change about the design, but similar comments apply to other Chinese kit I have seen or seen the specs for. The guys at the brewery I saw say they were quite impressed with the engineer who came to install, but again, the master brewer who I used to work with in one of my previous big brewery roles says he would also have changed a lot of things. So far they have been reasonably happy with the results, considering the price was about a third of other UK suppliers.

You need to know exactly what you need, and give them a detailed spec, of tanks, pipework, insulation etc etc, and do not be tempted to use their electrical cabinets and wiring. They certainly don't meet UK safety standards, so I doubt if they meet US safety standards either. There are other discussions about mash tun / lauter tun design, rakes / mixers etc - have a look at those. Ideally, if you know about engineering, then you go out there and oversee the build to ensure you get what they specify. That's what a couple of UK companies do - and from comments on this site, I think a few US companies must do that as well.

Having said all that, I have a local brewery who would like to expand, and the only way they can afford the capital would be to use self imported Chinese tanks, in which case it will be tanks, and perhaps uncut pipework and appropriate valves, all to my spec, with local wiring and installation. We haven't got as far as discussing the details and risks - it may never happen.
                        dick

Comment

Fermenters & Brite Tanks Suppliers In Wenzhou China

Hi,

We are a brew equipment manufacturer located in Wenzhou China, just visit our website www.dayuwz.com to get more information of our brew equipment. Or you can send email to daey009@dayuwz.com to get photos & drawings of our fermenters and brite tanks.

Cheers

Sophie Wu

Email: daey009@dayuwz.com

Phone: 0086-18966261717
                          DAEYOO TECH. CO.,LTD.
                          www.dayuwz.com

Comment

the site im asking about

There seems to be alot of similarities in the names.
                            The company im asking about is : Www.shandonghg.cn/en

Comment

Jinan Shendong

That's the name of the company we dealt with. That was a year ago. Don't know if they go by any other names. I wouldn't risk it with any 'no name' brewing equipment company. Especially from China. You get what you pay for. Buying cheap doesn't pay off.
                              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
                              X