Resale Value of Brite Tanks and Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resale Value of Brite Tanks and Equipment

We are starting a hard cider business and have an investor who is looking into buying our equipment for us on loan, we are going to get 2 70bbl jacketed brite tanks and all the fixins' to go with them.

As part of a way to lay our investors mind at ease, we wanted to do some investigating on the resale value of brewing tanks, so in the awful case that our cidery goes under in the next couple years he could sell off his equipment without a huge loss.

I have been looking online at all sorts of sites (including the For Sale section on this site) to try and compare prices for new and used equipment. I have gotten a general idea that the resale on these tanks are pretty high, but it is so hard to tell because of the many different companies and quality of the various tanks. Also nowhere can I find any used tanks the size of the ones we are buying.

So I just wondered if anyone on here has any sort of knowledge of what the market is right now and potentially will be for the next few years in the resale value of large brite tanks.

Thanks so much,
    Molly Leadbetter
    molly.leadbetter@gmail.com

Tank resale value

My 2 cents:
    Here are several factors that come to mind that can affect the resale price of SS tanks.
    1. Marketplace demand (high right now).
    2. Price of like size new tank.
    3. Condition of tank being sold.
    4. Scrap price for that grade of stainless.
    5. Tank design
    6. Tank Maker
    7. Shipping costs from tanks location.

Comment

Working...
    X