Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Chinese manufacture ZHbrew in Jinan, Shandong, China

Greetings,

I purchased equipment from ZHbrew (http://zhbrew.com/) (http://zhbrew.en.alibaba.com/) this year and have been using it for about 6 weeks now. I visited the factory in Jinan before purchasing.

Pros:
    - Staff is friendly and responsive up until the point of purchase
    - It's cheap ($1,500 USD for a 300L FV)

Cons:
    - It's cheaply made (received with lots of rust on almost all the welds inside the tanks)
    - The service disappears into thin air after purchase and you can't get anyone to send you replacement parts or fix your problems
    - General incompetence (The engineer they sent wired my tanks backwards and control panel incorrectly causing FV to not work. (I had to pay out of pocket to a new engineer because they wouldn't fix it)
    - Cheap equipment and incorrect hookup caused my cold liquor tank to leak all of my glycol onto the floor and they refused to cover the costs of repair and refill

I strongly recommend you not buy from this company. Spend a little bit more and get a Brew-Tek system from Ningbo or some other factory that is run by non-Chinese. If you're western and expecting a level of service and quality that comes with a big ticket purchase do not buy from these people (or Zhongde either by the way).

As an American brewer in China I can only recommend Allied Beverage and Brew-Tek within China because I have experience with the owners of both those companies (both Americans) with a solid track record of doing good work. Stay away from all the Chinese manufacturing firms no matter the price. This may seem a bit harsh and unfair but that's the way it is over here. If you're going to buy from a Chinese factory make sure the QC team and management are foreign. You will not get the quality expected and service required from a Chinese firm after purchase. They are great until you pay but completely different after the bank wire.

Cheers,
Working...
X