Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unitank for both fermenting and packaging out of? Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmussen View Post
    Dave,

1) I have found that stones in a FV require extra cleaning and maintenance in the long term to make sure the pores dont clog over time. Never had an issue with in batch, but make sure you can circulate cleaners through your stones on cleaning cycles to make sure nothing is sitting in the pores.
    2)The design of your new FV's will determine how you can do things. Depending on the size of the cone jacket positioning etc you may or may not be able to carb in the uni once you've transferred half the beer. I've had tanks where the ports were too high to carb properly after some of the beer was removed, or you may not be able to keep the rest of the beer at temperature depending on the jacket and temp probe positions.

Cheers
    Manual,

Thanks for the answer. Is there any problem with just transferring already carbed beer from the FV to BT? Would I treat that process any different then un-carbed beer?
    Dave Cowie
    Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
    Nevada City, CA

Comment

I transfer carbed beer from uni to brite often. Really just treat it as a big keg and do a counter balance transfer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by soia1138 View Post
        I transfer carbed beer from uni to brite often. Really just treat it as a big keg and do a counter balance transfer.

So no pump, just CO2?
        Dave Cowie
        Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
        Nevada City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by barleyfreak View Post
          So no pump, just CO2?
          Correct. I don't use a pump for my regular transfers either just pressure.

Comment

You could use a pump to transfer carbonated beer. But you'd have to use a VFD to dial the speed back a fair bit. chocking the line with a valve is a bad idea with carbonated beer. It makes lots of foam. And you need to be extra careful with maintaining pressure during your transfer. having all the CO2 flash out in the brite and filling the tank with foam isn't fun...
            Manuel

Comment

Working...
            X