Ocean Freight For Large Tanks From Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean Freight For Large Tanks From Europe

Hello fellow professional brewers and cider makers. Can anyone give me some guidance on ocean freight for large machinery (tanks in my case) which is too large to fit in a standard shipping container? Coming from Europe. Anything would be helpful. Freight companies you have used. Past costs for certain equipment. Ballpark price ranges. Thanks!

Originally posted by DowneastCider View Post
    Hello fellow professional brewers and cider makers. Can anyone give me some guidance on ocean freight for large machinery (tanks in my case) which is too large to fit in a standard shipping container? Coming from Europe. Anything would be helpful. Freight companies you have used. Past costs for certain equipment. Ballpark price ranges. Thanks!
    What is the tank size? If it won't fit into a 40' container it needs to ship open rack. I would estimate $7K to $10K USD. When you get to certain size domestic tanks become more reasonable priced. maybe check Silver State in NV for the big tanks.
    This mob should be able to give you some pricing. http://www.containertech.com/contain...rs-flat-racks/

Comment

Originally posted by TiminOz View Post
      What is the tank size? If it won't fit into a 40' container it needs to ship open rack. I would estimate $7K to $10K USD. When you get to certain size domestic tanks become more reasonable priced. maybe check Silver State in NV for the big tanks.
      This mob should be able to give you some pricing. http://www.containertech.com/contain...rs-flat-racks/
      Thanks for the tips! Ideally, 400 bbl (about 11' x 34'). Are there width restrictions to the open rack? I'll look into those.

Comment

Be careful to get the external diameter as well as internal diameter, and overall shipping length. The last set of tanks I was involved with had a maximum diameter of 4.2 metres simply because that was the largest that could be moved on road transport (UK, though they came from Germany). If you are considering 11 ft ID, then I doubt that would be a problem in any country, but it would be worth checking with your dock to brewery transport company just in case you are in an area of low electrical supply wires, low bridges etc, which might need to be avoided / raised.
        dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
          Be careful to get the external diameter as well as internal diameter, and overall shipping length. The last set of tanks I was involved with had a maximum diameter of 4.2 metres simply because that was the largest that could be moved on road transport (UK, though they came from Germany). If you are considering 11 ft ID, then I doubt that would be a problem in any country, but it would be worth checking with your dock to brewery transport company just in case you are in an area of low electrical supply wires, low bridges etc, which might need to be avoided / raised.
          good to know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X