Storage Tanks as Brites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Tanks as Brites

I'm looking for anyone out there who has used process or "storage" tanks as brites. They are a lot like Grundy style tanks and hold just shy of 15psi. We are planning on running a direct draw system straight from our walk-in to the taps. We'd like to use these tanks as serving tanks but I'm wondering if anyone has experience.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

ZachClick image for larger version

Name:	Process Tank Pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	193671

If they are pressure rated (plated) to 15psi, and they have sprayballs, pressure relief and antivac systems fitted, then I don't see why not, providing you don't need more than 15 psi top pressure, and preferably somewhat less than that to allow for variation in accuracy of pressure gauges, pressure relief valve blow off etc . I would be wary of their cleanability if the inside of the tank is ribbed, to the point where I would not use them because of the potential difficulty cleaning them. I assume they are going in a cold room. Are those cooling circuit inlet / outlets?
    dick

Comment

We use them

So it looks like the tanks we are leasing from PCM capital. We currently use 6 of them for serving tanks and they work great. A couple of things to note.
      1. The outlet on the bottom is 2 1/2 inch tri-clamp. Not easy to find the reducer but PCM does stock them for a good price if you ask.
      2. We were told by our draft install guys that we had to use pump assemblies because of the run (10-35 feet) and because the tanks are only rated to 15psi. This gets expensive but for us was well worth it.
      3. We also built some adapter connections so we could connect a keg to the same like as the tank. So when the tank runs out, throw on a keg and you are good to go.
      4. They are really nice if you have the room to pull them out of your cold room to wash. We just pallet jack them to our trench drain and do a CIP cycle. Really easy.

Again, I am assuming they are the same tanks as we have as they look identical.

Hope that helps
      Let me know if I can help out with any more info.

Thanks

Jason
      Living the Dream Brewing Company

Comment

if they hold 15 psi then that is plenty to carbonate in provided you can cool them well below 40 degrees. If you have a serving issue you could always go to the beer pumps like what micro-matic offers.

Comment

Originally posted by jbell71464 View Post
          So it looks like the tanks we are leasing from PCM capital. We currently use 6 of them for serving tanks and they work great. A couple of things to note.
          1. The outlet on the bottom is 2 1/2 inch tri-clamp. Not easy to find the reducer but PCM does stock them for a good price if you ask.
          2. We were told by our draft install guys that we had to use pump assemblies because of the run (10-35 feet) and because the tanks are only rated to 15psi. This gets expensive but for us was well worth it.
          3. We also built some adapter connections so we could connect a keg to the same like as the tank. So when the tank runs out, throw on a keg and you are good to go.
          4. They are really nice if you have the room to pull them out of your cold room to wash. We just pallet jack them to our trench drain and do a CIP cycle. Really easy.

Again, I am assuming they are the same tanks as we have as they look identical.

Hope that helps
          Let me know if I can help out with any more info.

Thanks

Jason
          Living the Dream Brewing Company

Our SV's are only rated for 15psi. Longest run is about 30ft. No issue pushing beer with 15psi.

You don't need beer pumps.

Comment

Working...
          X