Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used "Brew Floors Floor Systems" Do-it-Yourself Epoxy? If so, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used "Brew Floors Floor Systems" Do-it-Yourself Epoxy? If so, thoughts?

Just checking if anyone has used the "do-it-yourself" epoxy flooring system from Brew Floors out of New Jersey (www.brewfloors.com), and if so, if you can provide any review or comment on the product.

Specifically, interested to know if the product is truly easy to apply, and once applied, if it really holds up to the wear and tear of an operating brewery. They claim to provide a five-year warranty at a cost significantly lower than professionally installed applications, so am curious if it is truly a good deal.

We are building our new brewery and will have new concrete poured - am debating what type of epoxy/urethane/brew floor finish to apply in the brewhouse, so any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin
    ferment.drink.repeat
    San Francisco

Also wondering.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

Also wondering.

Comment

I've used Brewfloors

At my last brewery we used their 2 part epoxy at build out and I know 2 other local breweries that also used it. Read up on proper floor prep for epoxy floors or it doesn't matter what you use it will fail quick. Overall, it does well. Epoxies have limitations in that they don't have the impact resistance of much more expensive solutions like Ucrete. If it starts chipping from the often stainless steel drop you have to jump on it and touch up those areas before water starts getting under it. We did this twice in 18 months in that we let the floor dry for a few days, scrapped up any loose stuff and re-painted the chipped areas. Even with the touch ups the floor cost about $1500-2000 so far and some sweat equity. It fades very slightly in high heat and chemical exposure. If you're in a very cold area with wild temperature variations that's another variable to cracking for any floor.

So better then bare concrete but not excellent.... Excellent floor coatings cost $15-17 a sq ft which is what I'm doing at the new brewery (Ucrete) because we have the $$$. Previously I didn't so, for $1-2 a sq ft, I was happy. Also, Ive heard some high end installers say you cant upgrade to Ucrete/ Temper crete after epoxying which has to be BS, some poor soul (like me circa 2012) just has to go to work with a diamond floor grinder.

Comment

Thanks for feedback, appreciate it. I do believe you get what you pay for and flooring would be no different. It seems the Brew Floor is marketed as a low-cost, reasonably effective solution, which is what you've seemed to say. I can't imagine a floor at only $2 a foot would be as great as a Ucrete or other professional install, but I just want to make sure it's not totally worthless and doesn't do what it says it can do (understanding the floor has to be properly prepped for it to be effective).

They seem to have a new version IV product that increases the epoxy coating layer to 1/8" thick (rather than only roller-thin 1/64" thick in versions II and III) - it costs about $6 a foot, but would still run about a third to half the cost of a professionally-installed floor with a self-installation (depending on size of area covered). That may be an option for us. Thanks again for chiming in!

Kevin

Comment

installation

We instal quality coatings with a 5year warranty installed by our highly trained and professional crew. We have guys in North Carolina now at New Belgium as well as a crew in San Francisco this week at Anchor, Local brewing, Russian river and Santa Clara brewing too!

We would love to help out. And our floors are cheaper than $13/ft and we travel all 20 western states

Chris Klein
            Cascade Floors is an industrial flooring company specializing in epoxy or resin based floor and wall systems to cover and protect concrete and other surfaces.

541-510-1080
            Chris Klein
            Cell 541-510-1080
            Office (503) 769-6823
            WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
            chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Bid

Originally posted by RockyMtnBrew View Post
              At my last brewery we used their 2 part epoxy at build out and I know 2 other local breweries that also used it. Read up on proper floor prep for epoxy floors or it doesn't matter what you use it will fail quick. Overall, it does well. Epoxies have limitations in that they don't have the impact resistance of much more expensive solutions like Ucrete. If it starts chipping from the often stainless steel drop you have to jump on it and touch up those areas before water starts getting under it. We did this twice in 18 months in that we let the floor dry for a few days, scrapped up any loose stuff and re-painted the chipped areas. Even with the touch ups the floor cost about $1500-2000 so far and some sweat equity. It fades very slightly in high heat and chemical exposure. If you're in a very cold area with wild temperature variations that's another variable to cracking for any floor.

So better then bare concrete but not excellent.... Excellent floor coatings cost $15-17 a sq ft which is what I'm doing at the new brewery (Ucrete) because we have the $$$. Previously I didn't so, for $1-2 a sq ft, I was happy. Also, Ive heard some high end installers say you cant upgrade to Ucrete/ Temper crete after epoxying which has to be BS, some poor soul (like me circa 2012) just has to go to work with a diamond floor grinder.
              Would love to bid your project Chris@cascadefloors.com 541-510-1080
              Chris Klein
              Cell 541-510-1080
              Office (503) 769-6823
              WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
              chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Inglin View Post
                They seem to have a new version IV product that increases the epoxy coating layer to 1/8" thick (rather than only roller-thin 1/64" thick in versions II and III) - it costs about $6 a foot, but would still run about a third to half the cost of a professionally-installed floor with a self-installation (depending on size of area covered). That may be an option for us. Thanks again for chiming in!
                Kevin
                Thats the product I was looking at- anyone use the thick 6$/sq stuff?
                Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
                tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
                "Your results may vary"

Comment

I have started the discussion with our owners about floor coating as the ag inspection brought up the worn down concrete at the kettle drain. OBviously we are a working brewery and putting a floor coating over existing in place equipment is a primary concern.
                  Mike Eme
                  Brewmaster

Comment

We had our garage floor sealed using Epoxy coatings as I heard they are the best out there when it comes to industrial use. Although we had minimum machinery, the area was considerably large and it took us sometime to come to a conclusion regarding the extent of the flooring to be applied. We got the epoxy flooring done from Mississauga, not only is the flooring non-slippery, but also it looks aesthetically pleasing as well. It serves the purpose and that is what is more important.

Comment

Working...
                    X