Brite Tank CIP under pressure with standpipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brite Tank CIP under pressure with standpipe

I had read on here that people are CIPing their brites under pressure with acid with good results. I have 7 brites and we have filled 6 so far with our first round of beer. We just opened to the public a few days ago. So how does this work with a standpipe? I would imagine I'd have to open that tank and take that out first in order to let all of the yeast out of the tank. We have been using biofine clear and it has been kicking ass thus far. my IPA is crystal clear. I'm imagining that that stuff is pretty dense on the bottom of the tank. If I have to open my tank to remove the standpipe it seems like that throws this cleaning under pressure idea right out the window. I have single wall brites in a walk-in cooler. We have 3 jacketed fermenters. (2 7bbl and 1 15bbl) We've been dropping those to 34 and filling a purged Cornelius keg with the biofine clear with and and about 3-4 gallons of beer and injecting that mixture inline during our transfer into our brites at 38F. Thats our process in case anyone was wondering. We are a bunch of homebrewers so a lot of this is new to us. We are proud of how the beer has been turning out though. We had a HUGE opening weekend followed by a great St. Patricks Day crowd. If anyone has any input on the standpipe situation please let me know. Just curious what other people are doing.
    www.cognitionbrewingcompany.com

How else are you going to remove the settled solids if you don't remove the standpipe?

Firstly, you need to remember that "Brite" tanks were originally used for filtered beer - i.e. there was absolutely no sediment, and therefore no need for a standpipe system or upper draw off point to avoid pulling off the settled yeast, proteins etc. You are therefore no using them as the original description.

So when people clean bites under pressure, this can only be done where there is either, a way to draw off the yeast etc only from the bottom and the beer from an upper draw off point, or, they are filtering the beer first so they can use a single bottom outlet.
    dick

Comment

Working...
    X