premier manual washer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premier manual washer question

So I just got this manual keg washer and it calls for an air compressor that is oil free and 7 scfm @ 40 psi. Any recommendations for that air compressor. Foot print and price are big concerns. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Don't get one. Save yourself thousands and use acid/detergent wash. Contact Dana at Birko. Good guy.

Comment

So are you saying to just use acid cycles instead of caustic. If so I was under the impression that with using kegs for unfiltered beer you would need to do something to break down the protein.

Comment

Acid #6 from Five Star is another option for a acid detergent. It's specifically designed for kegs and brite tanks. The detergent is in there to help with any protein/organic material anyway. Even an unfiltered beer is not like what would be in your fermentor that would require a caustic or akaline based cleaner. No air required either, only co2. I don't even use much co2 anymore as I utilize the co2 already in the keg to essentially clean under pressure.

Comment

That's how I clean my brite/server tanks but I still open them every 4 turns or so to give them a caustic cycle. I figured kegs would be in the same ball park. I use Loeffler LERACID K-MS 10. Generally the same as the birko and five star. I'll contact them to find out what they suggest. Thanks for the help everyone. Anyone doing anything different.

Comment

To answer the air compressor question, I use an oil free pancake compressor (craftsman), but you can also get a compressor dryer and filter that should take care of you just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X