WLP 644 Sacch "Brux" Trois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLP 644 Sacch "Brux" Trois

I'm trying to get my hands on some practical research on White Labs 644. I've seen the research results posted by White Labs explaining the genetic reclassification, but I want to determine fermentation characteristics. They have it listed as 85%+ attenuation, so I'm making an assumption the high attenuation has something to do with Brett fermentation characteristics, long-chain sugars being broken down over a long period of time. But does anyone have any info out there on whether or not 644 is capable of breaking down and consuming complex sugars that Sacch strains cannot? Thanks!

I don't believe it will break down any more than other high attenuating sach strains. I haven't used this strain much but this page is a good reference.

Comment

Under the stress of bottling conditioning (644 added only at bottling) with an already cold and carbed saison fermented with wyeast 3711 down to 1.003FG with zero priming sugar - yeah it sure as hell will keep eating... Love that strain, and I don't care what they say.. Stuff acts like Brett.

Comment

Working...
      X