Thread: "City-Meter inc." Waste Water Meter

"City-Meter inc." Waste Water Meter

Hey Everybody,
    So, I'm at a new brewery that has a flow-meter installed on our waste-water outlet. I was told by the previous brewer that the meter is operational, but I've never seen it read anything other than 4460 regardless of what goes down the drain, so it is clearly not working. I've called the company (city-meter inc.) everyday 5 times a day and I get no answer. Does anyone have a waste-water meter from City-Meter Inc. that has had this issue? Or, has anyone ever had this issue with another waste-water meter? The thing is installed under quite a bit of concrete and there is no access to it, except to rip it up. I'm looking for any ideas here..
    Thanks Everybody,
    Andrew

hmmm.....whats it for? better question is who is it for? Maybe your municipality maintains it, or reads it remotely. maybe it doesn't work and your not paying any effluent charges....

Maybe best to let sleeping dogs lie........or non functioning flow meters lie ;-)

Jackk

I wish that was an option Jack. The flow meter was installed by the previous brewer (who built the brewery) because the municipality requires a quarterly report on waste water discharge, with a record of daily readings. The first brewer left before the end of the 1st quarter report, so I'm hoping to at least have some data to report to them in the next two months. The good news is that this is all new to the municipality as well so I think they will be understanding. Still need a solution though..