Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will corrugations in tank wall cause problems? Need help with equip. purchase!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will corrugations in tank wall cause problems? Need help with equip. purchase!

Considering picking up a couple of these tanks for use as either fermenters, brites, or unitanks (modified with a couple more ports). The cost and location in Canada is really attractive, and I am not too concerned about the inefficiency of yeast harvesting, as I will mostly be pitching dry, but I worry that yeast will settle along the tops of the wall corrugations and then be dislodged as the beer is drawn down during transfer/packaging. Anyone ever dealt with a tank with corrugated sides before? Is this a serious concern?

Click image for larger version

Name:	005058(5)-03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	193888

They seen pretty shallow my thought is it wouldn't be a big deal if you drain slowly. When I first started brewing I used those plastic water bottles with the inset handle. If I racked slowly not much came off the ridges. I'd go for it. They look like nice tanks, you could wrap could around them for temp control as well. What is the volume and if you don't mind me asking, the cost?

Bill Walden
    Oddball Brewing Co.
    Suncook, NH
    Bill Walden
    Oddball Brewing Co.
    Suncook, NH

Comment

They're in the storage tanks thread in the classified. About 211 US gallons. $1100 USD.

Comment

They are nice looking...

We bought a different style to use as brites. and are having them modified (adding ferrules) next week.
        Bill Walden
        Oddball Brewing Co.
        Suncook, NH

Comment

Working...
        X