Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source on small quantities of wine grapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source on small quantities of wine grapes?

Hey guys.

So one of my assistant brewers is getting married in a bit and wanted to make a special beer for his day.
    He wanted to add some Riesling grapes to the beer in oak after primary.
    I'm trying to source a small quantity of grapes (couple hundred lbs) just doing a couple of barrels ripped off of another batch and treating it this way.
    Does anyone have a good place to get small quantities of grapes? I'm seen the wine bus site, but everything is listed in tons =)
    A bit more than I need.
    thanks
    Dave Witham
    Founder/Brewmaster
    Proclamation Ale Company

The best advice I can offer you is to look for some local wineries and contact them directly. That's the only way I've managed to get small quantities of grapes
    Manuel

Comment

we buy 250-500lbs from a home wine making store in season. They crush and stem them for us as well.

this place looks similar to the one we use n NJ http://diybeerandwinesupplies.com/seasonal/

Rob Kolb
      Transmitter Brewing

Comment

The best Riesling grapes come from the Finger Lakes region in central NY. Your best bet is to contact a few of the wineries on Seneca lake. The harvesting season is coming up real soon, and it has been a great year for them.

Comment

Also look at Vidal Blanc as an option. They are the french-hybrid of Reisling.
          Todd G Hicks
          BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

Working...
          X