Sourcing cleaning / sanitizing agents in Ireland or UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourcing cleaning / sanitizing agents in Ireland or UK

Hey UK and Ireland folks. I am trying to find the best suppliers for brewery cleaners and sanitizers in Ireland or the UK. In the US, I always used an alkaline, non-caustic, like PBW, and Peracetic acid for CIP, but kept Iodophor around for parts buckets, and always kept a liquid sodium hydroxide and the equivalent of Five-Star's Acid #5 on hand. Ideally, I would like to source something like PBW and Peracetic Acid for day to day cleaning, and will need a suitable acid cleaner for passivation. Who is your chem supplier?

Thanks.

Adam

For a one stop shop, Murphys of Nottingham can supply pretty much anything you want in the way of cleaning and brewing materials (yeast, hops finings, mineral salts etc.) and technical support in the form of labs for water chemistry analysis and I think micro analysis. Micro analysis, Brewlab and I think Surebrew. Hops - Farams (who, I think also supply a whole range of other materials, possibly including cleaning chemicals), Simply Hops. Malt - Fawcetts, Weyermann, Muntons, Crisp. Cleaning chemicals only - Holchem, cclpentasol.

Hope this helps
    dick

Comment

Hi Adam,

Dick gave a pretty good run down...we use DBM Food Hygiene Supplies in Broxburn and have been happy with their service and support. They sell the Diversey range and we use the following with solid results:

Spectak G - Caustic Cleaner
      Divo MR - Caustic additive to combat our stupid hard water
      Divosan Activ - PAA
      Dilac (was Super Scalox) Acid based detergent for bright tanks

Have fun.

Jeff
      Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
      Chairman of the Beer
      Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
      Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
      W: www.lovibonds.com
      F: LovibondsBrewery
      T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Having used those chemicals (with the exception of Divo MR - have always used RO treated water, or water so soft it may as well be RO treated) I can also vouch for their effectiveness. They also do a peroxide additive for difficult to clean plant such as wort kettle heating surfaces or heat exchangers - as a caustic additive.
        dick

Comment

Working...
        X