Ecolab Cleaning Chems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecolab Cleaning Chems

My local Ecolab guy asked me to try his brewery cleaning chems and gave me fairly large samples of everything they carry. Wondering if anyone has any feedback regarding their effectiveness. We are currently exclusive to Five Star.
    Aaren M. Simoncini
    The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
    22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
    Stonington, CT. 06378
    Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

We use Mip SMX as iur cleaner. Low foaming and effective. They have cheaper solutions but this is what they recomended us. As PAA/sanitizer we use Oxonia. We are happy. Small parts we use an alcohol based solution for spraying (not ecolab).
    Can not compare to any other manufacurer since this is whar we've used since start 3,years ago.

Comment

We've been using their Avoid for cleaning, Vortexx for sanitizing, Soil Off for part soaking and Heavy Duty Acid for passivation. Everything has worked great and their service has been incredible.

Comment

I am curious about Ecolab too. I have used 5 Star, Birko, Chem Station, and Loeffler. I am currently consulting on a new brewpub and they would like to use Ecolab. I was sent Avoid II, Mandate, Oxonia, and a couple other chems. So far, I am not impressed with the performance, especially Avoid II, which is one of their caustic CIP detergents. The Avoid II was average to below average unless an oxidizer was added. We used this chem on a fairly soiled brew house.

Ecolab has a client roster that includes AB, Coors, Miller, Boulevard, Big Sky, Dogfish Head, and Anchor. I would assume such large breweries use Ecolab because it is a quality product. My sales guy did admit he was new to brewing chems. It's possible he recommended the wrong products for the wrong situations. To those of you who use Ecolab predominantly, what products do you find work best for your various jobs?

Comment

I used to work at a brewery where we used a lot of Ecolab products. I got great results from Liquid Super Klenz and MIP-123 for caustic cleaning, MIP-123 with their XY12 properly added would clean pretty much anything back to shiny and new. I cant recall the name of the Acid cleaner offhand, but the Oxonia Active was an effective PAA sanitizer. We also used the Foam Force for external cleaning, and Regain for pre-passivation cleaning to remove manufacturing oils.

I am not familiar with Avoid, Vortexx, Mandate, or Soil Off.

Comment

Working...
          X