buying 1/2bbls kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying 1/2bbls kegs

We are exploring the option of purchasing 1/2 bbl kegs from China directly without the use of a broker. We have found that the pricing of the kegs are quite reasonable but we wish to make the right choice. In the past I heard of horror stories of poor quality, but then you can get this from any manufacture that put profit ahead of quality seeking short term gains and those companies are quickly weeded out because of that.
    Our goal as a startup is to be frugal, not cheap, and if we can find a company that provides a quality product and we save us a couple bucks, why not.

So I ask you, have you had good or bad experience with keg manufactures in China? Did you go through a broker for these kegs? Who would you recommend and who would you advise to stay clear of, and why?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,
    Mark Duchow
    Brew Master
    Short Fuse Brewing Co.
    Chicagoland
    "The best beer is FREE beer"

Originally posted by Captain Mullet View Post
    We are exploring the option of purchasing 1/2 bbl kegs from China directly without the use of a broker. We have found that the pricing of the kegs are quite reasonable but we wish to make the right choice. In the past I heard of horror stories of poor quality, but then you can get this from any manufacture that put profit ahead of quality seeking short term gains and those companies are quickly weeded out because of that.
    Our goal as a startup is to be frugal, not cheap, and if we can find a company that provides a quality product and we save us a couple bucks, why not.

So I ask you, have you had good or bad experience with keg manufactures in China? Did you go through a broker for these kegs? Who would you recommend and who would you advise to stay clear of, and why?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,
    Yes,you need a Customs broker to help you take care of importing Customs work.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Gavin

Please E-mail me at any time

We Specialize In Designing And Fabricating High Quality Tanks/Equipments For The Brewing Industry!

Email:
    sungoodmachinery@vip.163.com
    gavin@sungoodmachinery.com

www.sungoodmachinery.com(Updating)
    Great Quality,Affordable Prices,24hours After-sales Service!
    The Brand You Know,The People You Trust,The Quality You love!

Comment

I bought 150 Euro-50L kegs from Gavin at Sungood and I'm pleased with the quality and will buy more when the need arises.

It's better to buy the spears from Micromatic or a reputable company that complies with your local safety regulations; Chinese spears often don't have a safety latch mechanism that is mandatory at least in Europe.

Comment

Customs Broker

True you do need a Broker, my partner is in logistics and has a great deal of knowledge and experience. To clarify we would like to avoid extra charges that comes along with the middleman and at this point we have the time and the ability to do the job of the middle man.

Back to the original question, we are seeking the good, the bad and the ugly in keg manufacturing, world wide not just China.

Originally posted by Sungood Machinery View Post
        Yes,you need a Customs broker to help you take care of importing Customs work.
        Mark Duchow
        Brew Master
        Short Fuse Brewing Co.
        Chicagoland
        "The best beer is FREE beer"

Comment

Originally posted by BestFriends
          You'd better choose keg manufacturers located in Zhejiang Province. If you need more information, feel free to send me a PM anytime.
          Do you still have their contact details?
          Any idea if they ship to Canada?

Comment

Carolina Brewtech will be a good partner for your needs of brewing equipment!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190926_123628.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	191943

Shine&Henry

carolinamicrobrewing.com

sales@carolinabeers.com

Unit 505, Curtis Business Ctr 3 -709 East Ordnance Road Baltimore, MD 21226
            Carolina Micro Brewing Technology
            shine@carolinabeers.com

Comment

Working...
            X