How to determine nutrition facts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine nutrition facts.

I have been asked by several of the larger chain stores to provide nutritional data on my beers. How do I go about finding that kind of information?

White Labs can run the tests for you

nutritional label analysis

You will need to have a test done for each style you sell.

Comment

Is there no way to calculate it out yourself? $635 a beer is really pricey.

Comment

Calories and carbs can be calculated but it would be more of an estimate. You use your total sugar content to calculate your carbs. Then add the carb calories to the calories do to alcohol. So it will vary based on how the beer finishes but by an amount that, most likely, doesn't really matter. As far as everything else nutritional I don't think beer will have much of anything else.

The actual test is called bomb calorimetry. You should be able to find some labs with that as a search term but I don't know if the price will be any better.

Comment

Under tools on Probrewer the beer specifications calculator will calculate calories for you. and as was previously posted on here carbs can be calculated based on FG. As far as anything else I agree with the previous response that it is insignificant.

Comment

A bomb calorimetry test will only get you total calories, it will not give you any info on carbs, protein or alcohol. You can get an approximation using OG and FG - but that will only get you a guideline, and will not give you any exact information on mineral content, vitamins, or protein content. Lab testing is the only way to make sure you have accurate information.
            Manuel

Comment

Working...
            X