beer line Ionizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beer line Ionizers

Im being directed to install what im being told is a beer line ionizer. I assume it helps with cleaning. Has ANYONE even heard of this? Can someone help if its, to quote my english friends, bullocs?

Allen LClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	193932

I have used something similar that sent a pulse/vibration through the beer lines preventing adhesion. It had been developed by Chili's to reduce waste. It did seem to work but was not called an ionizer.

Comment

Originally posted by TiminOz View Post
      I have used something similar that sent a pulse/vibration through the beer lines preventing adhesion. It had been developed by Chili's to reduce waste. It did seem to work but was not called an ionizer.
      after further research i have found that its a damn electro-magnet. not very powerful either. Im notso sure that it acually works.

Comment

Absolute baloney

I've seen a few different versions of this piece of junk, all backed up with sciencey talk, and in some cases, sloppily designed "case studies". Clean your lines as per industry standards, and force the jerks that sell this stuff to get a real job.

Originally posted by allen.levy View Post
        after further research i have found that its a damn electro-magnet. not very powerful either. Im notso sure that it acually works.

Comment

This unit can also be used to improve the gas mileage of your vehicle... and will work just as well at that (as in, not at all). It's psuedoscientific junk. Pure, 100% hokum.

Liquids are amorphous. They cannot hold a magnetic moment.

Consult the ABA Draught Beer Quality Manual (Google it--it's free) for proper cleaning procedures. These are industry-standard protocols, tested and developed over many years--and don't include magnets.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Terminal Gravity Brewing,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Re-visit in-line Ionizer System

I wanted to see if anyone has used TAKK’s Model 5860 In-line Ionizer for canning lines. My plan is to go through a sterile filter after the Ionizer just before the twist rinse. This is just for air no liquid.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X