Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rural Brewery Issues

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to pin down a spot to place our brewery. We live in a rural area and want to add to the local "atmosphere".

One issue I'm having is waste water, where we live sewage is spotty or non existant at best. Most other businesses are using septic systems but they aren't as water heavy as a brewery is.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking I could use a drain system that goes to a holding tank then just pump that out to take to a water treatment facility. Any realworld input would be great.
    Thanks,
    Eulie

In some cases hauling to a facility may be your best bet. Other options include separating your brewery waste water from your standard black water by isolating the drain lines. Capture your brewery waste water (pre separation of as many solids as possible) into a very large holding tank for balancing and "dosing" into your septic over time. Unless you are running full out every day, you will have spikes in outgoing waste water rather than a constant level. Use the holding tank to meter into your septic at a rate suitable for the system. Beyond that, consider heavy duty filtration systems to get that brewery waste water back to a usable level of cleanliness for irrigation or other "rural" uses.

We are in the same situation. We're building a new brewery inside an existing garden and educational environment. We plan on repurposing our waste to support the garden water requirements as well as feed water for non-potable requirements (like toilets). Likely our water will be cleaned to potable levels but current optics on reuse of "waste" water won't let us or anyone else use it for human consumption purposes. As those concerns are washed away, we'll be able to reuse much of our "waste" water inside the brewery.

Comment

Working...
    X