Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meheen - Average cycles/minute, extra loss from running faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meheen - Average cycles/minute, extra loss from running faster?

Hi All,

Thought I'd reach out to the Meheen community and see if anyone had any insights!

We have a 2012 Merlin "O" series 6 head filler for our 375ml bottles.

I'm curious what and/or if there is an average speed (cycles/minute) the machine is desired to run at? We run ours anywhere from 3.5-4.2 cycles/minute....

Also, has anyone noticed greater loss at the end of a bottling run from running at a higher cycles/minute rather than a lower one? Also, has anyone noticed a greater loss on hoppy beers compared to non-hoppy beers?

Thank you very much for any info and insights!

Cheers!

Originally posted by doberle View Post
    Hi All,

Thought I'd reach out to the Meheen community and see if anyone had any insights!

We have a 2012 Merlin "O" series 6 head filler for our 375ml bottles.

I'm curious what and/or if there is an average speed (cycles/minute) the machine is desired to run at? We run ours anywhere from 3.5-4.2 cycles/minute....

Also, has anyone noticed greater loss at the end of a bottling run from running at a higher cycles/minute rather than a lower one? Also, has anyone noticed a greater loss on hoppy beers compared to non-hoppy beers?

Thank you very much for any info and insights!

Cheers!
    Hi doberie,
    I am running our 2009 12 ounce Meheen consistently at 11-12 second cycles.
    I just bottled three different beers yesterday; one being an IPA. The IPA did give me much larger losses relative to the Pilsner and stout. Perhaps increased hop oils allow for CO2 breakout to occur easier? Neucleation sites increase with increased oils? My losses are consistent, however, throughout the bottling session.
    Your results may vary.
    Luck to you.
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

When you say losses, do you mean coming from the relief valve (black adjustable knob), or foaming over?

Hoppy beers are much more lively in the Meheen for sure, but I usually compensate by chilling it down to close to 0C in the bright tank. I don't have to go quite that cold with our non-hoppy beers.

Comment

Working...
      X