inline carbonation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inline carbonation

i here about this thing called inline carbonation where you can carbonate consistenly in a couple hours, yet I cant find any solid links to hardware etc. Can someone fill me in regarding what I need for inline carbing? Are their downsides? Thanks

Todd

Following this

Originally posted by morrillt View Post
    i here about this thing called inline carbonation where you can carbonate consistenly in a couple hours, yet I cant find any solid links to hardware etc. Can someone fill me in regarding what I need for inline carbing? Are their downsides? Thanks

Todd
    Subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by morrillt View Post

Todd
      Are you wanting more info on a pinpoint inline carbonation system or the cheap and dirty way of a stone set inline of your transfer to the brite tank?

Comment

I am just curious if there is a way to get a consistent carbonation in < 24 hours. I feel like there are a lot of mentions of methods, are there anything that just work consistently for say under 5k of hardware upgrades?

Comment

We use a Denwel manual inline unit for carbonation. It is based on the venturi principle and effective. We carbonate ~30hL on route from FV to BBT in around an hour and consistently hit our target CO2 content. I think our unit is rated to do up to 50hL an hour.

As many others do, we used carbonation stones in tank for carbonation previously, with good results, however we had concerns about getting the stones 100% clean and sanitised, and inconsistent carbonation times slowing up production. We now know that if a beer is ready to be packaged, we can transfer, carbonate and package that day and brew into the FV it came out of. We're also happier that the CIP regime is doing its job as there is no sintered stone for bugs to potentially hide in.

We're based in the UK so I doubt price will be applicable to you but I think it was around about £5k. You will also need a pump to push the beer through, a flowmeter, a spunding valve (for counter-pressure filling your BBT) and ideally a means of measuring CO2 content to fine tune your setup.

I hope that helps some.

Comment

• somakombucha
            somakombucha commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi ghobbs, we are looking for a unit that can carbonate on the way to our packaging lines. It sounds like the Denwel manual has everything going for it - any reason you could think of that it wouldn't work on the way to canning? Thank you!

• vinaykumar27
            vinaykumar27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Somakombucha, QuantiPerm makes equipment that can carbonate your product on the way to a canning line. The xFlow CO2 Mini Surge can carbonate up to 4 v/v up to a 5 gpm. liquid flow rate and the xFlow CO2 FRC Surge has similar carbonation rates up to 50 gpm. liquid flow rates. More information on the systems;
        Working...
        X