Shandong Yuesheng Beer Equipment Co., Ltd - any opinions/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shandong Yuesheng Beer Equipment Co., Ltd - any opinions/advice

Hi, I’m looking to purchase a 20bbl brewhouse and am wondering if anyone has dealt with Shandong Yuesheng Beer Equipment Co., Ltd and if you have any opinions or advice?

They have what appears to be a nice system at a good value.

The system I’m inquiring about has a 2000L effective volume/2680L total volume. Is this a standard size for a 20bbl system (17bbl effective/22.9bbl total)?

Below is the listing of equipment in the package:

Mash tun:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, Effective volume: 2000L; Total volume: 2680L; Size: 1800 x 2703mm;
    Surface brushed, welding line polish sanding light belt
    Rockwool insulation, thickness: 80mm;
    Inner body thickness 3mm, cladding thickness 2mm;
    Steam heat;
    Top domed manhole with sight glass,
    Bottom and side steam jacket; Rotary CIP spray balls, temperature sense probe, motor with frequency conversion, 2.2KW;
    Stainless steel legs, with screw assembly to adjust leg height,
    Complete with associated valves and fittings

Lauter tun:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, Effective volume: 2000L; Total volume: 2680L;
    Size: 1800 x 2703mm;
    Surface brushed, welding line polish sanding light belt;
    Steam heat;
    Top domed manhole with sight glass,
    Bottom and side steam jacket; Rotary CIP spray balls, temperature sense probe, motor with
    frequency conversion, milled false bottom, side grain mandoor;
    Stainless steel legs, with screw assembly to adjust leg height,

Kettle/whirlpool tank:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, Effective volume: 2000L; Total volume: 2680mm;
    Size: 1800 x 2812mm;
    Steam jacket;
    Top stainless steel Man-hole door; With sight light;
    With rotary CIP spray balls;
    Tangential whirlpool entry;
    Stainless steel legs, with screw assembly to adjust leg height;

Hot water tank:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, effective volume: 2000L; total: 3300L;
    Size: 1800 x 2379mm
    Rockwool insulation, thickness: 80mm; inner body thickness 3mm, cladding thickness 2mm;
    Top round shape man-hole door; Steam heating coils;
    Stainless steel legs,
    Outer liquid level pipe; complete with associated valves and fittings

Cold water tank:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, Effective capacity 3000L;
    Size: 1560 x 2350mm
    Polyurethane insulation, Insulation thickness: 80mm;
    The thickness of inner body is 3mm, cladding is 2mm;
    Top round shape man-hole door, thermo- well;
    Stainless steel legs with bigger and thicker base plate, with screw assembly to adjust leg height;
    Complete with associated valves and fittings.

Work platform:
    Steel grating platform US type, with ladders, fence and handrails

Control System:
    Control Cabinet:
    Spurted plastic, include power control and PLC Module,
    Brewhosue temperature PLC programmed automatic control;
    Brewhouse valves manual operation;
    Pump, motor open/close, and VFD through buttons on the control cabinet;
    Fermentation tanks temperature PLC programmed automatic control

Touch screen:
    Centralized temperature display and control; power control, Graphic user
    Interface

Temperature sensors:
    Temperature transmitter+ PT100 probe

Control and signal wire:
    Associated control wires, Signal wires and Wire conduits

Heat exchanger:
    Sanitary stainless steel, single-stage cooling, cools the wort with tap water and glycol water;
    tri-clover clamp connection Size: L1100Xw400Xh1050

Yeast tank:
    Sanitary stainless steel 304; Effective volume: 10L, Inner polished, outer sand polished;

Fermentation tanks:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, conical vertical tank , Effective capacity: 2000L; 2680L;
    Size: 1800 x 2703
    dome top head; Surface brushed, welding line polish sanding light belt;
    Polyurethane insulation, thickness: 80mm; inner body thickness 3mm, cladding thickness 2mm;
    Dimple type glycol cooling jacket, cooling jacket thickness is 1.5mm;
    Top breather valve; top manhole; With rotary CIP spray balls and arm;
    temperature sensor on bottom cone side cylinder slightly top position,
    Sample valve in the cylinder; separate outlet for yeast and clear beer, ladders,
    Mechanical pressure valve; Pressure gauge;
    Glycol solenoid valves,
    Dry hop port

Bright tanks:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, ertical tank , Effective capacity: 2000L; 总容积:2400L;
    Size: 1500 x 2714mm
    Dome top head and bottom; Surface brushed, welding line polish sanding light belt;
    Polyurethane insulation, thickness: 100mm; inner body thickness 3mm, cladding thickness 2mm;
    Dimple type glycol cooling jacket, cooling jacket thickness is 2mm;
    Top breather valve; top manhole; With rotary CIP spray balls and arm;

Glycol tank:
    Sanitary Stainless steel 304, Effective capacity 3000L;
    Size: 1560 x 2350mm
    Polyurethane insulation, Insulation thickness: 80mm;
    The thickness of inner body is 3mm, cladding is 2mm;
    Top round shape man-hole door, thermo- well;
    Stainless steel legs with bigger and thicker base plate, with screw assembly to adjust leg height;

Glycol pump:
    Stainless steel; Self-priming; tri-clover clamp connection; Go to the fermentation tank cooling

Glycol Piping:
    Glycol piping between glycol tank and glycol chiller complete with valves and fittings

Grain Mill:
    Double roller; With motor, belt and pulley etc; stainless frame, alloy rollers,
    Rollers distance adjustable

Assorted Items:
    Mashing pipes, wort thermometer, wort oxygenation system, titanium filtration stick, survey barrel, sanchrometer, grist plow, sanitary beer hose, glycol piping,

Questions I have include:

1. Are the tanks made out of virgin stainless or economy/recycled stainless? What does ‘sanitary’ stainless mean?

2. Are the welds ‘sanitary’, polished welds, especially on fermenters and bright tanks?

3. I’m expecting the insides of the fermenters and bright tanks to be smooth, how does one quantify this?

4. Do fermenters and bright tanks have shadowless manways?

5. Are the electronics UL listed?

6. What is the throughput of the grain mill?

7. Is the grain mill a dustless setup?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice you have!

bogle2k

Originally posted by bogle2k View Post
    Hi, I’m looking to purchase a 20bbl brewhouse and am wondering if anyone has dealt with Shandong Yuesheng Beer Equipment Co., Ltd and if you have any opinions or advice?

Questions I have include:

1. Are the tanks made out of virgin stainless or economy/recycled stainless? What does ‘sanitary’ stainless mean?

2. Are the welds ‘sanitary’, polished welds, especially on fermenters and bright tanks?

3. I’m expecting the insides of the fermenters and bright tanks to be smooth, how does one quantify this?

6. What is the throughput of the grain mill?

7. Is the grain mill a dustless setup?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice you have!

bogle2k
    I'll leave the technical analysis of the system to others, but I have a few thoughts on a couple of your questions:

This is a fairly complicated topic, as there are several different sets of regulations. Arc Machines has a good page on this topic, albeit focused on orbital GTAW welding more than hand welding because orbital welders are what they make. I've used their machines extensively to build ultra high purity process piping, and they know the subject well:

There is a section on that page that shows what welds are acceptable, and what is not. For example, less than 10% OD concavity is acceptable.

All welds in process piping should be purged on the inside, and you should insist on this. Basically, if done right, an orbital or hand fusion butt weld does not have to be polished on the inside, but you need to be able to inspect the weld, and ASME BPE-97 says minimum of 20% of welds must be inspected on the ID. But you could insist on 100%. So if there is any cold side hard piping with more than one turn to where you can't see the ID of a weld, you may want to specify a tri-clamp connection, so that the welding can be inspected. You may need to borrow a boroscope for this. For the inside of fermenters and brights, they would probably polish out the welds rather than purge the back side, but that means you don't really have a chance to see how well the weld penetrated. So make sure you inspect the welds carefully looking for pinholes or cracks/hairline gaps, especially at the end of a weld. They should taper off the arc at the end, otherwise you can get a pinhole there bad enough to leak. Higher volume manufacturers may use a giant welding lathe and fixture, so sometimes these welds are back purged because the fixture covers the ID. Argon is expensive so you should be specific on how you want the welding done, unless they have a good reputation for it. OTOH, 3mm is pretty thick, so they probably weld on both sides anyway, and use filler rod instead of a fusion butt weld, because alignment has got to be hard on a large vessel. I've never welded anything more than 6 inches in diameter.

The polish you should expect should be at least 32 Ra, or "3A" which is a reference to a standard. This can be done with regular mechanical polishing. A lower numbered Ra finish is even better, but when you get down to 10, 15 or 20 Ra, electropolishing is required...very pricey, and it's unlikely they'll do it.

There are some interesting threads on this in this forum. It seems to me that the popular opinion is there is no such thing as a true shadowless manway, so you want it in the top of the fermenter, not the side. I'm no expert on this, however.

There are some interesting threads on this topic here as well! Some jurisdictions want the assembly or plant to be listed as well as the individual components. When I was doing this type of work for breweries and wineries in the central coast of California, in most areas as long as the panel was built by a licensed C10 or specialty contractor as part of the installation, you didn't need the assembly listed. But in Santa Barbara, the inspectors were much less inclined to go along with that. But I also had a client whose insurance company insisted on listing before they would underwrite the policy, even though the installation had been inspected and approved.

All of that was a while ago, however, and it seems like things have only gotten more restrictive. I don't know if the manufacturer can get their panel listed, but you may want to plan for that after the fact, at least as a contingency. I'm completely unfamiliar with New Mexico jurisdictions and how they will treat it, but you can probably go down to the building department and ask them directly whether a panel manufactured from UL Recognized or Listed components is acceptable in lieu of listing as an assembly. It's always seemed unreasonable to me to require a custom made panel to be individually listed.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Comment

I don't have any information on this company, but I would like to get a couple of fermenters quoted from them. Would you happen to have any contact info for them? All I can find is links to the website Alibaba.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy13 View Post
        I don't have any information on this company, but I would like to get a couple of fermenters quoted from them. Would you happen to have any contact info for them? All I can find is links to the website Alibaba.

That is where I contacted them through as well. All contact info is on their alibaba site: www.yueshengbrew.en.alibaba.com

Comment

Did it work out?

I'm thinking of buying some tanks from Shandong Yuesheng Beer Equipment as well and am curious if it worked out for you?
          I brew in China and have not had good luck the last few years. Obviously you get what you pay for and I guess I"m not paying enough.

Comment

Beer Equipment

Originally posted by Joefink View Post
            I'm thinking of buying some tanks from Shandong Yuesheng Beer Equipment as well and am curious if it worked out for you?
            I brew in China and have not had good luck the last few years. Obviously you get what you pay for and I guess I"m not paying enough.
            I wasn't able to find any solid information or get enough feedback and so went with a US company.

Comment

I dont see anywhere where it states pumps and electrical equipment is UL approved. I Know of 2 breweries that cannot get local approval due to no UL listing. One company was later found to have faked the documents. You might want to show the local code enforcement the specs and get there opinion. Good Luck
              Mike Eme
              Brewmaster

Comment

I wouldn't describe that brew system as 20 bbl. If the kettle has a nominal volume of 17 bbl you're much more likely to only be getting close to 15 bbls of finished beer. If you're planning on getting 20 bbl a brew you need more like 23 bbl in the kettle at the end of the boil to account for losses due to trub, yeast, etc...
                Manuel

Comment

I realise I am too late to have any real input on the original question, but just a thought as a non electrical engineer on a couple of bits of chines kit I have seen / worked with.

Neither of the systems, from different manufacturers produced control / electrical cabinets that could possibly have been rated to IP 65, i.e. pretty well water and dust proof, and so were totally unsuitable for installation in a wet or dusty environment such as any brewery production area.

Undoubtedly, this is part of the UL requirement mentioned, but in case anyone else who like me doesn't know the UL approval standards, simply take it from me that I would not accept those cabinets if I had anything to do with the purchase / installations - anywhere in the world - they are not safe. I expect there are other areas of the electrical installation that would not meet (for example) UK or US standards.
                  dick

Comment

shandong have many beer equipment factory.

Some have good quality ,some don't have.

Comment

Working...
                    X