7 bbl electric evaporation rate and steam stack options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 bbl electric evaporation rate and steam stack options

Hi commercial brewery newbie here, im in the process of setting up my new equipment and was curious what others do for venting there kettle on a similar system. I have a stout 7 bbl domed top electric kettle with a condensation stack. Have others achieved enough evaporation with just venting to the atmosphere? What is a good evaporation rate on a kettle like this? I have about a 17ft distance from the top of the kettle to the roof. Ive read other places a damper could be benificial on a application like this. I think we ve already decide we are going to get a double walled ss pipe. Any and all recommendations greatly appreciated! Thanks

The purpose of the condensation stack is to eliminate the need for a steam flue. The steam goes through the condenser where it is cooled by jets of mains water. You should try to recover the water if possible. The evaporation will be based on how good a boil you can produce with immersion heaters in a 7bbl kettle. I would have assumed stout would have given some installation instructions.

Comment

Working...
    X