Dairy Hose for brewing applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dairy Hose for brewing applications?

The only hose I can track down in-country for our brewery in Costa Rica is listed below. Any thoughts on using Dairy Hose for Beer Applications?

Gates Food and Beverage industrial hoses are engineered to meet the rigorous quality, safety, and sanitation standards that mark food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industry regulations. Every Gates food and beverage industrial hose meets FDA requirements, with certifications from 3-A-Class 3 and the USDA for industrial hoses designed for suction, discharge, dispensing, and transfer operations. Trust Gates to keep your operations running clean around the clock.

------

Food Master™ Oils & Dairy 150SD

Formerly Food Master® Lite™ Hose

(Specification 3133)

RECOMMENDED FOR: Tank truck, barge, ship, or storage tank transfer of a variety of food products such as animal fat, vegetable oil and other edible oils at temperatures up to 230°F requiring FDA sanitary hose. Also suitable for ice cream and other dairy products requiring 3A-Class 3 standards.

TEMPERATURE: -40°F to +230°F (-40°C to +110°C) continuous service.

CONSTRUCTION: Tube: Type C2 (Modified Nitrile). Sanitary FDA and 3A-Class 3. White.
    Reinforcement: Synthetic, high tensile textile with steel wire helix.
    Cover: Type C2 (Modified Nitrile). White corrugated with burgundy spiral stripe.
    Design Factor: 4:1

COUPLINGS: 1 or stainless steel, 8 or stainless steel, 34, 71. Reference the Hose Coupling Section.

PACKAGING: All lengths coiled and wrapped in polyethylene.

BRANDING: Continuous transfer label. Example: “Gates® Food Master™ Oils & Dairy 150SD Meets FDA, 3A and USDA 150 psi (1.03MPa) WP Made in U.S.A.”

Hose

That seems like a good hose for beer. Pretty much the same as Vintners hose by Goodyear.
    Could this provider be used for all breweries in Central America?
    Cheers
    Dave
    David Meadows
    Brew House Technologist
    TECHNOBREW
    (619)840-3311
    david@technobrew.com

Comment

No issue with it being constructed for dairy/lipid/oil usage? I'm assuming dairy facilities use caustics and acids. My concern is cleaning. Also, I have to provide the couplers. If hose checks out, I'm going to purchase these 1" and 1.5" hose barbs from GW Kent:

Hose barb made of highly polished sanitary 304L stainless steel.  The connection end is 1.5” TC.  The barbed end fits hose that has an inside diameter of 1”.  The length is 4”.  This TC hose barb adapter slides into the hose and then hose clamps are used to tighten the hose onto the barb for a liquid-tight fit.

See any issues with their compaitibility? I understand the hose distributor here has a crimping machine.

PM me for the company info if you like. They are in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. This is still Goodyear stock, so it's a bit dated. That hose now has a new name, but it's supposedly identical.

Comment

The hose seems good to me. The temperature rating is good and I've never seen a 3A hose not be able to handle the chemicals we throw at it in a brewery. In fact I believe most dairies use the exact same chemicals for cleaning.

Its not unusual to have to buy your own ends for hose. Different industries and brewers like different fittings (TC, DIN, etc...) and its much easier to sell the fittings and the hose separately than as one package. That being said call the company - I've had very good luck getting the manufacturer to put on the hose ends of my choice before shipping it out.
        Manuel

Comment

Working...
        X