Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Raw Materials

Hi There,

I have a question and I know there will be no perfect answer and every circumstance will be different but I'm looking for the best guess when it comes to an average.

What I'm hoping to find is the cost, preferably cost per bbl but expressed any way is great for raw materials.

So...
    -Cost of hops per bbl of beer
    -Cost of malt per bbl of beer
    -Cost of yeast per bbl of beer

Again I'm just looking for an average and what everyone's best guess is from their experience and circumstances. I have heard numbers all over the place.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
    -Shane.
    Shane McCarthy
    647-876-5323
    Founder / President
    Market Brewing Company Ltd.
    www.marketbrewingco.com

For 10BBL, grain $400-$600, hops $150-$300 for high hopped beers, yeast is dependent on if your harvesting. Dry yeast without harvesting is about $80 per batch, otherwise you can get a 10BBL pitch from White Labs for $350, cost per batch would be depending on how many times you reuse.

Comment

Without specifics you will get numbers all over the place. We will need a style of beer, i.e.; Stout IPA, IIPA, Pale Ale, Kolsch, American Wheat, etc. so as to determine the malt bill and hop schedule for your.... beer. Without that and coupled with everything else (energy, labor, cost of your lease, water, water treatment, et al), it (the price per bbl) is just a SWAG.

That said, here is a link.. https://www.brewersassociation.org/a..._Costing-1.pdf
      Last edited by Scott M; 01-27-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X