Grain mill recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grain mill recomendations

I'd like to upgrade my current mill. I've been using a glorified homebrew set up for a 7bbl brewery for some time. Works fine and it did what I needed it to do to start, but it can be a huge PIA at times. I've sent out for quotes. I'm looking to add an auger system as well.

If anyone has some something they really like, I'd love to hear about it. Or, if you aren't happy with something I'd like to hear that as well. You can PM me if you don't want it public.

Thanks,

We were in the exact same scenario as you. 7BBL system using a Monster Mill. We went with American Beer and got an RMS mill on a grist case as well as a flex flo auger. It have been a great addition. No dust and our crush time went from 45-60 minutes per batch down to about 12-15 minutes per batch. Also upped our efficiency by about 10%

Comment

I'll second that we love our RMS mill.
      Hop It And Bitterness Will Come

James Costa
      Brewmaster
      Half Moon Bay Brewing Co.
      El Granada,Ca

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I'd consider looking at Bennet Forgeworks out of Ridgway, CO. I'm not currently using his setup but I've seen it in action at Tom Hennesey's place. It is what we will be using in the future along with the auger. I had the mash tun made for a grist hydrator which he also builds in house. Just depends how fancy of a mill you are looking for.

Comment

We've been incredibly happy with our 12" mill and cabinet from Jimboney at maltmills.com

A 55lb bag gets done in around 90 seconds or so. It's adjustable and built on a cabinet with casters for easy moving around. We mill in 8-10 bags for an 8bbl batch size in 20 min or so the night before we brew. It's easily one of the few pieces of equipment I don't have dreams of replacing.

Comment

We are really happy with our Jimboney mill and flex auger. He was really easy to work with and hand delivered it to our doorstep.

Originally posted by woohokie View Post
              We've been incredibly happy with our 12" mill and cabinet from Jimboney at maltmills.com

A 55lb bag gets done in around 90 seconds or so. It's adjustable and built on a cabinet with casters for easy moving around. We mill in 8-10 bags for an 8bbl batch size in 20 min or so the night before we brew. It's easily one of the few pieces of equipment I don't have dreams of replacing.

Comment

Working...
              X