Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese built sanitary centrifugal pumps model YUY-L replacement parts

Hey everyone,

We have 4 Chinese built pumps in our brewery and we need to get some rebuild kits for them.

3 of the pumps are model YUY-L with 0.75kw power and 18m lift. The 4th pump we have is also a YUY-L but it has 1.5kw power and 24m lift. I believe all of the rebuild parts are the exact same but I wanted to point out the differences anyways.

The website for the manufacturer is: http://www.cnyuy.com/epro_show.asp?key=2

I can't seem to get a hold of the manufacturer and the American company "aka our middle man we bought the brewhouse from" is not particularly helpful. Anyone out there have any idea how I could obtain rebuild kits for these?

Are you certain the pump head is Chinese? The motor and the pump are two separate units--the kW rating has nothing to do with the pump. Look for a data plate on the pump head itself, and see if you find an x-ref for it if it really is made in China. If you're lucky, it's a knock-off of something like a C100 or C114 series pump--easy to find parts, easy to rebuild.

Good luck.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
      Are you certain the pump head is Chinese? The motor and the pump are two separate units--the kW rating has nothing to do with the pump. Look for a data plate on the pump head itself, and see if you find an x-ref for it if it really is made in China. If you're lucky, it's a knock-off of something like a C100 or C114 series pump--easy to find parts, easy to rebuild.

Good luck.
      Thanks for the reply! I can't guarantee the pump head is Chinese but I believe it is. We bought our entire brewhouse from China and every component was sent to us directly from them. The information listed on the info panel on the pump only gives the info I posted in my original post. Where would the pump head information be listed?

Comment

Most pumps will have a data plate on the pump head--exactly where is anyone's guess. A few pumps (A-L comes to mind) don't seem to have a data plate, or it's a sticker that wears off rapidly. Find a local pump repair shop and they may be able to help you out.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

They have both a contact and order page on the site.

When messaging, it helps to send a google translate along with the Engrish communication.

As always with Chinese equipment, good ruck.
          Todd G Hicks
          BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

What's interesting is with all the Chinese equipment, even the Chinese vessels integrated with us vendors brewhouses, I have leared that even a good us vendor will not buy the Chinese pumps.

It may have been cheap at the time but then forces your hand to buy more quality products. So you end up buying twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Hicks View Post
              They have both a contact and order page on the site.

When messaging, it helps to send a google translate along with the Engrish communication.

As always with Chinese equipment, good ruck.

I've been trying to reach them through email for a while and haven't heard anything. I know they were just returning from Chinese New Year so I'm not sure if that's why they haven't gotten back to me or not.

I wish we would have bought American pumps and an American chiller to be honest, but budget dictated we purchase everything from through one Chinese vendor. When we go to upgrade our brewhouse in a few years you can bet it will be as American (or German) as possible.

In the meantime does anyone have any idea what a comparable American pump would be if we needed to buy one as a backup? Or perhaps a company who might work on these here in the states? I don't think that's something I'm going to be able to find very locally to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy13 View Post
                I've been trying to reach them through email for a while and haven't heard anything. I know they were just returning from Chinese New Year so I'm not sure if that's why they haven't gotten back to me or not.

I wish we would have bought American pumps and an American chiller to be honest, but budget dictated we purchase everything from through one Chinese vendor. When we go to upgrade our brewhouse in a few years you can bet it will be as American (or German) as possible.

In the meantime does anyone have any idea what a comparable American pump would be if we needed to buy one as a backup? Or perhaps a company who might work on these here in the states? I don't think that's something I'm going to be able to find very locally to me.
                Any place that sells brewhouses, sell pumps. You should be able to find someone close to you. Worst case, Portland is full of these companies.

Comment

Depending on what parts you need for the pump seal you might want to try calling brewerygaskets. They've made some custom rubber bits for me in the past.
                  Manuel

Comment

Working...
                  X