ATP luminometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP luminometer

We are looking into getting an ATP luminometer for checking surfaces and rinse water. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Todd Crowell
    Head Brewer
    Kettlehouse Brewing
    Missoula, MT

I have the Clean TraceNG from 3M, based the purchase off a study I found comparing different meters and their reliability and detection limits. The Hygenia model can be had cheap, but its just not as nice as the 3M.

I know some breweries with Charm meters that love them, but their have pretty pricey swabs.

Comment

ATP meter

I researched this recently and Charm and Hygenia ATP meters seemed to be excellent choices, though I did not spend much time on the 3M model. The breweries I visited had Charm or ATP meters.

Comment

We have been using a Hygiena SystemSure Plus meter since 2014. We use Ultrasnap swabs for surfaces and Aquasnap swabs for checking tank CIP rinse water, tank Sanitizer water, bottle/can rinse waters. I have had no issues with our meter so far. The software that's included allows you to create a database of sample sites and you can run different reports based on your needs. There is a Hygiena model that another step up but this one seems to work well for us.

The downside is the price of the swabs. But in my opinion it it is worth it over traditional micro testing as we get a quick answer rather than waiting a 2-5 days for a result, and we save time and consumables ($$). You can always supplement it with traditional micro testing to tell you what's growing in there.

You may also get a discount by buying swabs in bulk rather than a pack at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X