Cider setup process feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
    I think the carb time depends on your setup and process. Carb stone seems always faster.

I tend to overcarb my ciders on purpose as I prefer them that way. The nice thing is they foam way less when over carbed, compared to beer so I can get away with it.

I'm not sure if ciders can get carbonic acid like beer from over carbing but if they do its probably hard to detect due to it being fermented juice to begin with, combine that with your back sweetening process and product and I bet it would be undetectable.
    We plan on using a BBT for carbing. I have to watch the carbonation level because of taxation.

I plan to carb at 33/32 F so that should be reasonable. I'm trying to get an idea of time as I don't really wanna shell out for a zehm or whatever it's called to measure carb.

Comment

Originally posted by apeezee View Post
      We plan on using a BBT for carbing. I have to watch the carbonation level because of taxation.
      Yes, that is one of the wacky things here in the USA when it comes to fermented beverages. They tax it at a higher rate if the carb level is over a certain point. Nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by wailingguitar View Post
        Yes, that is one of the wacky things here in the USA when it comes to fermented beverages. They tax it at a higher rate if the carb level is over a certain point. Nuts.
        Yea it's pretty dumb. I'm reasonable and I can't see a good reason why this law exists.

Comment

Originally posted by apeezee View Post
          Yea it's pretty dumb. I'm reasonable and I can't see a good reason why this law exists.
          The CIDER act has been passed so the crazy carbonation limit has been raised, but it doesn't go into effect until December.

Comment

Originally posted by gravitycider View Post
            The CIDER act has been passed so the crazy carbonation limit has been raised, but it doesn't go into effect until December.
            I did not know that. That's awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
            X